Meet the Crew

"Jesse! Jesse, wake up!" GingerBrave said, shaking the brunette.

With a sniff, Jesse opened his eyes and yawned. He pushed himself into a sitting position and looked around to find that the apartment was dark. He turned his head to the right to look out the window, noticing it was now night. Still groggy, Jesse turned to GingerBrave, who was kneeling in front of him.

"How long was I sleeping?" Jesse asked with a sleepy voice.

"About seven hours," GingerBrave answered. "While you were napping, David called some of his friends and told them about us. He and Lucy decided to meet with them tonight and introduce them to us."

"Where is everyone now?"

"They're waiting for us outside. Come on, get up!"

Jesse sighed before he stood up from the seats and follow GingerBrave to the door. Once the two were outside, they found Lucy leaning on the railing with her back facing them. Hearing them step out, she turned herself around to face them.

"Good mornin'," Lucy said with a hand on her hip. "Feelin' better now?"

"I think so," Jesse replied. Then, he asked, "Where's David and everyone else?"

"They're outside the complex right now. There's a car with the people David and I want you to meet. We're gonna meet them over there. Come on."

With that, Jesse and GingerBrave followed Lucy out of the apartment complex. Once the three made it out, they finally found the area with the car Lucy was talking about. Over there were the others--David, Lilac, Rainbow, Kai, Jay, and Zane--and they were with five strangers. One was a short woman with green hair tied in high pigtails fixed with a dual-clipped hairband. She had pink tattoos, one visible on her neck and another on her right thigh. The woman wore a black jacket with a high collar that was large enough to go below her waist and matching black sneakers.

The second was a tall and thin man with black hair styled in a mohawk and a beard. He wore a visor over his eyes, black pants, a black vest, and black boots, and his arms were long with cybernetic hands. The third was a woman with a bob cut of blonde hair and she wore a red coat over what seemed to be a bodysuit, boots with thick soles, and what looked like a metal mask over her nose and mouth. The fourth was a muscular woman with short blonde hair donning what appeared to be steel plates over her chest, a black jacket, and black boots, and her fingers and legs were made of metal. The fifth and final one was a muscular man with dark skin and blonde hair. He wore shades over his eyes, a black vest with a high collar, a red cowl neck scarf, black pants fastened with three belts, and boots; the man's hands were also silver.

As the three approached them, the other group's conversation became more audible.

"So their leader finally showed up," the muscular man said as David nodded.

"Yeah. He was kinda loopy by the time I found him. He asked me to take him to Lucy's place to meet up with his peers and he hit the hay over there."

"So, where is he now?" the mohawk man asked before pointing to Kai, Jay, Zane, Rainbow, and Lilac. "The leader of those freaks, I mean."

"Over here!" Lucy called, getting the other group's attention.

Once Jesse, GingerBrave, and Lucy got closer to the others, the muscular man approached the three. But then, the pastel-haired woman moved out of the way so the man could walk up to the green-eyed boy. Soon enough, the two gave each other eye contact, even though Jesse was shaking in his boots. After all, he couldn't help but feel intimidated as he looked at him. At first, he expected this man to question him in the harshest way he could think of and maybe challenge him to a fight. However, he smiled at Jesse and folded his arms in front of his chest.