Running Through The Woods (PPT2)

Relationship: Bottle x Milk
Paper Puppets Take 2
Requested by: @Sheltonxut
TW: None, Humanised and headcanon contortionist Treasure Chest
———————————————————————
"She's so pretty..."

Milk's amber irises gazed fondly at Bottle, watching as the taller, blue-haired girl ran a hand through her bangs to brush them away from her pretty green eyes. Bottle was in a split, her eyes trained on Treasure Chest from Team 47 and Caramel Cube from Team H while Chainsaw, representing his team for the final challenge part, had tapped out almost instantly.

It was in the middle of the final part of the flexibility challenge; Gold Ingot had been a little peeved by Team Bracket and their constant win streak, so he'd decided to spice things up.

And by the looks of things, they were losing, judging by how weary Ukulele and Slipper were from mostly carrying their team and how in pain Chainsaw and Basketball looked.

But that wasn't what Milk was focused on; she was rather focused on her gorgeous teammate instead. She'd kept her monster crush on Bottle a secret from pretty much everyone now, she didn't need to have gossip or rumours sprouting behind her back.

Post-It-Note and Cup were cheering Bottle on as Caramel Cube tapped out, the strain on her muscles being too much for her to bear.

Milk looked at where the team representatives were still at, her heart leaping with excitement. They could win! But, she realised with a frown, their chances were also incredibly slim.

Bottle was sweating already and seemed pretty tired, yet TC looked like he was going to fall asleep in his split.

She couldn't blame him; she was told by Malachite he was a contortionist, and was physically capable of arching his back completely into a raindrop shape backwards for an hour once at a team ice-breaking challenge.

Finally, after fifteen minutes, Bottle tapped out, and Treasure Chest pumped up his fist in excitement at the win.

"And with a whopping full score of 10/10, Team 47 wins!" Gold Ingot announced as the gold and brown haired boy leapt to his feet, an ecstatic smile on his face.

His smile soon turned to a frown when he realised Journal was nowhere in sight, and Milk felt a stab of pity for the Team 47 leader.

Journal always never seemed to be there for his remaining team member, and she remembered hearing quiet sobs coming from the 47's cabin after Ukulele left to join Team Bracket.

"...and Team Bracket is up for elimination!" Milk felt her heart pounding faster when she heard Bottle laughing at the angered growls coming from Chainsaw when he heard he was up for elimination. "Holycrudherlaughterissocute-"

Milk quickly turned away, and her eyes caught sight of the forest. Maybe a quick walk would calm her down. However, fate seemed to have other plans because Bottle noticed and asked cheerfully, "Where're you off to, Milk?"

The white-haired teen's face went scarlet and she stammered, "O-Oh, u-uh, the forest-?"

"Oh, can I come with?" Milk thought her face was on fire. "Um-s-sure!" And just like that, her crush for who knows how long was walking with her into the forest.

Milk tried to calm herself down, and to start a casual conversation, asked, "Bottle, what's your take on Team 47?"

"Before they began their losing streak or after?" The blue-haired girl questioned. "After Team Bracket split up from them."

Her taller teammate thought for a minute, then replied, "Honestly? They were headed for disaster to begin with."

"Ukulele and Bubblewrap were really sweet with each other and they had amazing dynamic, but Ukulele is WAY too optimistic and Bubblewrap's too shy, so that's their disadvantages. It was nice to see Bubblewrap stand up for herself though," Bottle said.