Superstar And The Soldier (SS)

Relationship: Shopping Bag x Firework
Supernova Specialization
Requested by: @Katelynn12210
TW: None.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shopping Bag was never a nervous person. He was usually loud, ready to brag, and extremely confident, never hesitant to show off his skills at any time.

So what the absolute fuck was he so anxious about?

He had finally gotten the curse of having a crush on a fellow competitor in the show he was on, and for some utterly bizarre reason it was like his confidence vanished every time his crush was around.

Whenever his crush was nearby, it was as if he was the only thing that Shopping Bag sought to keep looking at, which caused problems especially when someone else was talking to him and he was staring away.

Whenever they spoke, he seemed to be unable to speak properly and god forbid he'd fucked up so many times in challenges because of that alluring smile.

Thank god he managed to bribe VHS Tape into cutting those parts out of the ending film.

It did not help matters that Pocket Watch had also seemed to have noticed his behaviour and was giving him questionable looks every single time he interacted with anyone.

One night after a challenge, Shopping Bag was lying idly on the deep blue grass, staring absentmindedly at the sky above as he traced out the cosmic formations in his mind.

The sudden sound of approaching footsteps drew him from his star watching, and soon Pocket Watch came into view as the other male competitor leaned over to look down at him.

"Mind if I sit here?"

Shopping Bag regarded the other with some skepticism before finally shrugging and muttering, "Knock yourself out, grandpa."

Pocket Watch snorted derisively and flicked him over the head at that statement before settling down next to him, resting on the soft blue grass.

Any second now...

"So what's your deal?"

There it was.

Shopping Bag tried to feign stupidity and answered, "No clue what you're talking about."

Pocket Watch gave him a skeptical look and replied, "Don't play dumb. How come you can't keep your eyes on anyone for more than a second when they're talking to you?"

Shopping Bag sighed and glanced away. "Social anxiety?"

"Whole sack of horseshit. You're a fucking model, fuckass sake. And since when did you start stumbling over everything you say? Don't you usually have a silver tongue?"

Welp, it was worth a shot.

"Competition stress." Pocket Watch once again flicked him in the nose and responded, "I've seen you breeze through almost every challenge VHS throws at us without panic at all. Stop bullshitting."

Nothing was going to escape Pocket Watch, it seemed. Shopping Bag gave a sigh of defeat as he rubbed his face with his hands in exasperation.

"Can you keep a secret, Pocket Watch?"
"Who is it."

Shopping Bag drew in a slow breath and exhaled through a low, drawn-out hiss through his teeth. "Can you or can you not?" He hissed, narrowing his eyes at Pocket Watch.

"I can, don't worry. Stop looking at me like that, squinty," snickered Pocket Watch, batting at his face.

Shopping Bag groaned before looking around furtively and leaning in to whisper to Pocket Watch.

"It's Firework."

Pocket Watch gave him a look of disbelief bordering on nothing but pure judgement when Shopping Bag moved away.

"Of all the people- that army boy??" He gawked, eyes wide with clear disbelief. Shopping Bag scowled and nodded, cheeks burning slightly with embarrassment and fluster. "Yeah. Shut up."

"Whaddaya even like about him?" Shopping Bag winced and rubbed his face absentmindedly. "He's brave and persistent and he so goddamn kind.. and not gonna lie he's kinda good-looking too," he muttered.

Pocket Watch just doubled over laughing. "Boy, you think your crush is bad, mine is even worse!" He chuckled. Shopping Bag responded by giving him a quizzical look.

"It's Root Beer. Don't ask me how, I just like his chill personality and something about his stupidity makes me smile," Pocket Watch snickered fondly.

Shopping Bag sighed. "I just.. this is the first fucking time I have a crush on someone, a guy no less. What the fuck am I supposed to do? I'm fucking clueless."

"That you are," yawned Pocket Watch. "Just do you, spend some time with him as well maybe, and when you finally got the guts to, confess to him. Whether he likes you back or not, fate will decide for you."

"You sound just like my sister," snorted Shopping Bag as he rested his head against his palms, feeling the cool grass brush against his back. "Thanks for the advice."

"No biggie, superstar. Just credit me when you both get together, yeah?"

Shopping Bag just gave him a small smile. "Yeah."As he stared back up at the stars, a thought sparked in his mind—maybe this unfamiliar feeling wasn't a burden but rather an unexpected journey waiting to unfurl.

And with a little nudge from a friend, he just might find the courage to step outside of his comfort zone.

After all, despite the chaos of competition and the weight of expectation, the thrill of discovering love, especially with someone as captivating as Firework, was a challenge he was finally ready to embrace.