Chapter Three ~ Berry Juice

Remember to Vote and Comment if you enjoyed 🤍

Neteyam's POV

After lunch, Tsireya granted the group freedom for the rest of the day. Kiri was off exploring the reef, even though she must have seen every plant and fish a hundred times, whilst Lo'ak was out doing who knows what.

This left Neteyam on Tuk duty, which unfortunately meant he was sitting in their marui, having his hair braided very roughly.

"Sit still Nety! You're going to ruin it!" Tuk had been abusing a particular chunk of his for about half an hour now, insisting on braiding in a shell she had found in the reef yesterday.

If Neteyam found the shell decoration a little embarrassing, he would not say so. A bit of teasing from his brother and friends was worth it to see the smile on Tuk's face when she had finally finished.

"You look beautiful Neteyam!" His sister pulled the hair to the front of his face so he could see. It was a simple but slightly messy braid with a little shell dangling at the end. Tuk's handiwork was getting better at least, though no where near as good as Lo'ak or Kiri's braiding, an extra finger was probably helpful in that manner.

Nonetheless, he grinned and thanked his sister, sending her in the direction of his mother so he could have a moment of peace.

Of course, peace was not something easily obtained when you're apart of the Sully family.

"Bro! Get your lazy skxawng ass out here! We're racing Ilus!" Neteyam's younger brother's obnoxious voice came from outside the hut.

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm coming." He huffed, standing up and walking outside.

Ao'nung, Roxto and Lo'ak were waiting outside.

"I need to make some new friends, I look like a loser spending my time with you skxawngs."

"Oh big bro, you know you love us!" Lo'ak grinned, reaching up to tussle his hair. Neteyam dodged, yelling out.

"Don't ruin Tuk's hard work! She'll have my head!" He ducked away as Lo'ak attempted again.

"Aww, sweet big brother Neteyam!" Ao'nung cooed, laughing as Neteyam chases after him.

The four boys chased each other to the shoreline, their pursuit continuing as they called and mounted their Ilus.

They spent their afternoon ducking and weaving through the reef. They were essentially playing tag, though none of them actually referred to the game as such, believing they were far too mature for those kind of things.

At one point, Lo'ak and Neteyam were alone, trying to get distance between themselves and Roxto, who was now 'it'.

Neteyam spotted another Na'vi in the distance, floating in the water admiring the scenery around her. It was Anulei.

She must have felt his gaze on her, because she looked up and spotted him staring.

Not knowing what to do, Neteyam lifted his hand up and waved.

She looked at him for a moment. Eywa, I look so stupid she must think I'm an idiot. However, he felt relief as she did a small wave back.