Chapter Eight ~ Return of Old Friends

Remember to Vote and Comment if you enjoyed 🤍
!!Minor Violence Warning!!

Anulei's POV

She and Tsireya sat atop the rocks, practicing their breathing. It was shaping up to be a calm and quiet evening, and the village was settling down after the celebration only a few nights ago.

The others were no where to be seen, likely causing trouble somewhere. She and Tsireya had chosen to stay behind, wishing to keep themselves on the Adult's good side after the scoldings they received early that week.

Anulei's breathing had improved, and she was growing to enjoy her time meditating, whether it was by herself or with her new found friends. They were friends right? She hopes so at least.

Tsireya liked the meditation too, she was future Tsahìk, it was her time to connect with Eywa.

Anulei had built a strong friendship with the younger girl. Both had been or were being trained to interpret Eywa's will, and it was both a blessing and a heavy burden.

They bonded over the pressure of it all, when Tsireya felt she couldn't handle the weight of her training, she sought out Anulei and the two would sit together and simply breathe on the rocks.

"Girls! Are you coming for dinner?" Ronal called out to them from the shore, her baby resting in her arms.

"Coming mother!" Tsireya responded, and the girls swam back to shore.

When they arrived, there were bowls of a seaweed broth being dished out. They collected their servings and parted ways, Tsireya bidding her goodbye as she walked in the direction of her family.

Anulei was heading to leave when she was stopped by Neytiri.

"Come eat with us, child." She smiled, carefully taking the bowl from Anulei's hand and leaving, leaving the younger with no choice but to follow.

"Thank you." Anulei said to the women as she lead her to the Sully's Marui.

As she entered, all of the Sully's were  sat inside in a circle.

Kiri looked up and grinned, patting the spot next to her.

"Hi." She greeted the family, sitting down nest to Kiri and taking back her bowl of broth Neytiri handed her.

"Hey," Kiri greeted her in return, "Where have you been hiding today?"

Anulei felt a smile tug onto her face, "I was practicing breathing with Tsireya."

"You're still going at that? You're doing fine by now." Lo'ak butted into their conversation, causing Kiri to roll her eyes at her younger brother.

"Maybe you should think about being that dedicated to your learning, Lo'ak." Jake Sully had spoken, scolding the boy.

Lo'ak looked away with a mumbled 'yes sir', and Anulei felt her cheeks warm with embarrassment at witnessing and half-causing the situation.

The conversation had died after that, leaving them to sit in awkward silence, until it was thankfully broken by Neytiri.

Neteyam's POV