Chapter Eleven: Part Two ~ The Spirit Tree (And What You May Find There)

Remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed🤍
Welcome to part two!

Anulei's POV

It was easy to imagine Anulei's disappointment when the afternoon she was expecting to spend learning with Neteyam, was instead occupied by all three of his siblings.

So when she finally snuck off to bed that night, she fell asleep the second she laid down.

The next morning, Anulei woke up later than planned, missing breakfast only just.

"Well good afternoon, Anulei. Nice to see you're up." Lo'ak teased when she arrived at the beach.

"Shut up, It is not afternoon, you're so dramatic." She huffed, sitting down next to Roxto.

"I saved you some food." Neteyam spoke, passing some cloth wrapped fruits and nuts to her.

She grinned, "Thanks."

As the group spoke and ate together, Anulei leaned over to Neteyam.

"Are you free today? For the bow lessons?" She spoke quietly so only Neteyam would hear, but she was unsuccessful.

"Anulei's getting free bow lessons?" Lo'ak raised a brow, "I'm coming with."

Neteyam huffed, "No, Lo'ak. I think you probably need to help Tsireya with something today."

The words clicked in Lo'ak's head, "Oh, yeah, you're right." He nodded as he turned back to the group conversation.

Anulei raised a brow, never had she seen Lo'ak do what his brother told, let alone agree with him.

~~~

Lunch was just finishing up, and Anulei had spent her morning helping gather dried grasses and seaweed with some of the Metkayina women.

She loved some of the older women, they gushed and awed over everything she did, and didn't seem to even notice she wasn't like them.

One of them, Kirayen, sent her off with a small bundle of materials to use herself, whilst the rest went to the villages supply.

She and Neteyam had finished lunch at the same time, Neteyam being the first to stand up.

"Okay guys, Anulei and I are going now. So, um- yeah." Neteyam looked at each of their friends, who all nodded in understanding, and didn't even point out his odd behaviour.

Anulei raised a brow but said nothing about it as the two walked to the Sully's marui.

"Ready to finally start looking really really cool?" Neteyam teased, grabbing his bow and some arrows from his home.

"Shut up," She mumbled, "You're never gonna let that go."

"Of course I will, just not right now." He grinned.

"So. Annoying." Anulei huffed, pushing down the smile on her face and failing.

"Okay, Okay. C'mon we'll go in the forest, less chance of accidentally shooting someone."