Chapter Six ~ Jealousy

Remember to Vote and Comment if you enjoyed 🤍

Anulei's POV

It was the fifth day of helping the four boys with their weaving. Tsireya, Kiri and Anulei were walking back to the Marui's to eat lunch. They had just finished her lessons for the day, and her stomach ached for food.

"You are improving, I promise!" Tsireya was reassuring her.

"You are just saying that..." Anulei mumbled, looking down at her feet and kicking a bit of sand up as they walked.

"No I swear to Eywa you are. You can hold your breath for a minute now and your stamina in the water is much better!" The Metkayina girl argued.

"It still feels like barely anything." Anulei sighed, it was true however. Since she was able to go back to three meals a day, her body had returned to its original strength. Her legs no longer ached by the end of her lessons, and soft muscle replaced the taught skin on her abdomen.

"Hey, small progress is still progress." Kiri placed a hand on her shoulder comfortably. Anulei smiled at the girl in return.

They spotted where their brothers and friends were already sitting, and quickly made their way over after grabbing their food.

"You all look suspiciously happy." Kiri pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

"Dad took a day off our punishment. We are celebrating a newly mated couple at the end of the week." Ao'nung explained, speaking through a mouthful of food.

Tsireya pulled a face, but nonetheless seemed excited. "Who was the pair?"

"Moraya and Tia'ti, so no surprises there." Roxto explained.

Tsireya turned to the confused forest Na'vi, "They have been close friends since they were children, everyone saw it coming."

Anulei nodded, "That's sweet."

"It is," the Metkayina girl agreed, "And the celebrations are always amazing, we'll have to teach you some of the dances."

"There's dancing?" Kiri groaned, flopping back into the sand.

Anulei laughed, teasingly nudging her, "Come on Kiri, you don't want to dance till sunrise?"

The girl simply shot her a glare in return.

"Yes, there is dancing," Tsireya giggled, "There's a feast and music at eclipse, and then the pair will be shown to their new marui that they will share together. It's a lot of fun, you will enjoy it."

After lunch, Kiri and Tsireya had decided to join the net-weaving group. Kiri out of boredom and Tsireya out of pity, and perhaps a bit of guilt.

Kiri was seated in-between Anulei and Neteyam, observing the group.

"Did you guys know that you're matching?" She spoke, looking between her brother and Anulei with a grin.

"Matching what?" She asked, looking up from her net.

"Your braids." Kiri reached out to pluck on the braids Tuk had done in each of the Na'vis hair.