Sayaka & Mary (Part Three)

Sayaka gasped. "M-Mary! Ringo isn't a monstrosity! You just made her mad!"

The huge dog on top of Mary proceeded to bark at her and hitting her lightly with her paws.

'Ah...even her dog is so gentle...' Mary thought before saying aloud, "You named her 'Ringo'?"

Sayaka nodded. "Mhm. It means 'apple'. I'll show you!"

She beckoned Ringo over before instructing him to do "apple".

Mary watched in shock as the Ringo stood on its two back legs and made a heart over her head with her two front legs. Somehow the outline of the golden retriever was shaped like an apple.

"See? It's so cute, isn't it? Ringo, you're the best!" Sayaka complimented. Ringo replied with a loud, happy bark. Mary just gawked in disbelief.

*****

"Um...Mistress, we've found them," a man said.

Kokoro Aiura smirked. "Well done, General. I expect nothing less from you. I desire the cute hot-headed blond. The other is too meek, but you can get me her dog."

Kokoro Aiura sighed. "I'm depending on you, Kaede."

"Yes, Ma'am."

*****

"Woah! Are you sure I can sit on her back like a horse?!" Mary exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Mary! We have bodyguards for a reason! Besides Ringo will probably only toss you if you mention pears or something. "

"What? What pears--AHHHHHH WHAT THE FUGSIOIGFIWENTIVBYWGLTIHSNERRRRRR--" Mary screamed as Ringo started to shake her body aggressively. Mary held on to her fur for dear life beore eventually flew off and landed into a pile of leaves. She glared at Ringo as she spit out a few leaves from her mouth. Mary looked at her bodyguards for help only to see them laughing hysterically.

"Hey! What was that for?!"

The same woman from Mizu's tribe (chapter 14--the one who exposed Mary's love for all things Sanrio) chuckled. "It's alright, Miss Saotome." She had midnight-black hair and star-blue eyes. "Greetings, I am Eimi Guadalupe. I have Mexican roots."

'Eimi meaning 'sea', 'ocean' or water'. It can also mean 'beautiful scripture' (writing),' Mary thought. 'The word 'Guadalupe' means 'wolf valley' and its of Mexican origin, though it can be used as a Spanish girl name......'

Mary hurriedly shook her head vigorously before cursing internally. "Geez, I'm starting to get nerdy from spending time with Sayaka."

Fortunately, she said it so softly that no one heard it.

"As I was saying, Touma Mori cushioned your fall. Those leaves heal the person upon contact."

Touma Mori turned out to be the person from Kazuki's tribe.

(chapter 5 recap)

"Miss Saotome, please drink this with water to get rid of the poison," a man from Kazuki's tribe said as he handed the pill to Mary.

Mary hurriedly took the pill and downed it with water lest she puke again. Her throat burned and her stomach hurt.

Mary's throat and stomach recovered the instant the pill was swallowed.

"We should return," the same man suggested. "Someone must have tampered with your food. It's dangerous out here."

"No," Mary said firmly. "Sayaka and I agreed to go out and have fun. I'm not giving in to whoever this idiot is. Let's go. You can carry her and wake her up later."

"Nice to meet you. I am Touma Mori," the calm man said. He had light chocolate-brown hair and hazel eyes.

"So 'Touma' means 'top of the mountain' and 'Mori' means 'forest'," Sayaka marveled. Mary groaned. Damn it! She was just thinking the same thing!

Eimi sat on the grass and leaned back against a tree, relaxing as a soft breeze rustled the leaves of the giant plant.

"Sayaka, I suddenly remembered, why didn't you vomit?" Mary queried.

"Oh, I'm immune to poison," Sayaka replied before giggling at her friend's astounded expression.

"Damn it...rich kids..."

None of them noticed a pair of glasses gleaming in the sunlight behind them.