16 - The Talk

"Y/n! Open the door right now!"

Well, what a wonderful way to be woken up in the morning.

But, seriously.

Who was knocking on your door at such hours of the day? Especially on a Saturday. Whoever it was, they sounded really mad.

"Open the door!" Said the person behind the door again, with urgency.

Is that... Shoto?

Dumbfounded, you stood up somehow from your bed as you made your way towards the door.

"Shoto what's-"

"How could you have done this to me?!" He asks, stepping into the room.

That was not at all what you were expecting him to say. Taking a closer look at his face, you could tell that he had been crying.

"What are you talking about?" You ask confused.

"So all this time you were able to control... that... nightmare thing of yours as you pleased? And tried to lie to me saying that you didn't even see what was happening in it? How does it work? Huh? You search it up in your little gallery and think 'hmm let's see what of this could be the most traumatizing?' Right?! " He explained with now tears rolling down his eyes.

"Shoto wh-where are you getting this from? You know this is not true," you replied trying to calm him down.

"Not true?! Y/n I really, really didn't want to believe it. I defended you, even! No way you would do something to me like that, right?" He questioned with a fake smile.

"Defended me? From who? Who told you this lie?!" You asked in desperation.

"I, too, believed it was a lie. Kodai told me that you confessed to her while in training yesterday that you were able to control the nightmare part of your quirk, and how you did it to me."

Suddenly, it clicked. That's why she was acting all weird yesterday. It wasn't made up from your imagination. But why would she even lie about such a thing? Especially after bonding like that with you? Was this all planned by her? With what purpose?

Behind him, you now notice another person in the room: Kodai, who was leaning on the doorframe with an evil smile on her face.

"But that never happened! She's lying, Shoto! I don't know why, but I can guarantee you she is!" You try your best to defend yourself.

"Then explain this, Y/n!" He says handing you a piece of paper.

You look down at it and start reading. It's the official school records with your specific quirk information. Under the quirk description, it says that you can look for and choose a nightmare to place your target into as it pleases you.

"This... where did she get this from? Shoto, this is fake. I am telling you this is fake. It's my own quirk! I don't know where she could have possibly gotten this from. But this-" You tried explaining as you started panicking.

"She knew I wasn't going to believe that, so she snuck into the office where they keep all of this and found it. All it took for me to realize what kind of sick, and twisted person you really are deep down. And Y/n?" He said taking a step closer to you, "This hurts me. A lot. A lot. But we're done." He said as he turned around to leave.

As soon as he looked toward the door, Kodai's expression completely switched from her grin to a worried face. She soon followed behind Shoto, not before sending you a last look wicked look.

You automatically dropped to the floor on your knees as the tears started escaping your eyes. So many that you saw blurry. You just simply don't understand. What could you have possibly done to her? Did she come up with this whole plan just to drive Shoto away from you?