Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

I sat there, listening to what his eyes had to say, but it only lasted for a second for his eyes to tell me how much he hurt. Before I knew it, they were escorted to their designated area to sit, taking a seat across the stage from me. Thankfully being blocked by my boss. 

I diverted my gaze away, listening to my boss continue his announcement, "Now we will begin the auction from here, starting with the artists individual pieces they created by themselves." He said, the staff bringing in different pieces of art that looked good. Nothing I could afford to be honest, the prices they were giving were ridiculous. 

It wasn't until my pieces that came up that my ears opened to listen to what was happening. I watched as they gave different numbers, prices, seeing my pieces getting higher bidders with every little fin that was raised in the air. I could see that both Mark and Baekhyun were trying to get some of my pieces, and a few of my ceramic pottery they were able to get, but to be honest I would've made them free ones so they wouldn't have to pay such hefty prices. 

Relaxed until they brought out the portrait of Jungkook, seeing the face he made. I couldn't tell is he was shocked, heartbroken, flattered, awe struck, but one thing was very clear, I left his mouth agape by my piece. I smiled with a little bit of triumph fluttering my heart, and the auction continuing. Eventually, my art sold the most, Jungkook's portrait being sold the highest, something I was not expecting, nor did I want to know since I didn't like my work being priced or valued. 

Eventually the auction ended, people going to continue the gathering, talking, and enjoy each others company. As I had packed myself up, walking away with my backpack hanging, I made my way towards the exit until I was stopped once again. "Y/n! Where you going?" I heard Baekhyun's familiar voice call out. 

I turned around and walked back to meet them once again. "I was heading off home since I'm pretty tired from today, and there are a few people here I'm not comfortable with nor do I want to talk to them so yeah." I explained

"Oh, stay and have a few drinks with Mark and I, we'll introduce you to our friends and keep you preoccupied, just for a little, so that you're not alone all night long." Baekhyun countered.

How was I going to refuse my friends that I hadn't seen in years. But then again, how much bad can alcohol do to me? As long as I'm with them, I should be fine. 

"Okay, why not." I said, walking back with them to their designated table where their friends were all sitting. I smiled, being sat next to Baekhyun and someone else I had yet to meet. 

"Good evening, you must be the great Y/n who's art was flying by out there huh?" the person next to me asked. I nodded my head in agreement, "Well hello, my name is Park Chanyeol but everyone just calls me Chanyeol and Wow, I loved all of your pieces, in fact I bought some of them." he said.

"Thank you, I'm happy my pieces are something you liked." I said, smiling as we shook hands. From there we continued talking, Baekhyun introducing me to all of his friends at the table, "That is Doh Kyung-soo, and Chen, Xiumin, Kris, Tao, Hyunjin, Felix, Taemin, Vernon, Woozi, Sana, Jeongyeon, and last but not least Ryujin. " He introduced, everyone smiling, waving, and greeting me. There was quite a bit of people for me to hear and have to say 'hi' to so I didn't remember everyone's names, but I stook with Baekhyun and Chanyeol in order to keep myself grounded with who everyone was. 

I took a few drinks, feeling the alcohol course through me, my head feeling fuzzy at some point after a few drinks. Everyone was talking all at once, I couldn't tell who was talking to me but I'd agree with the group or I'd laugh at whatever everyone else was laughing about. I was completely taken away, no sense in myself whatsoever, just letting the influence take sway in my speech.