Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

I was not excited. To say the least. Everything seemed to be moving so fast that I couldn't catch up. This marathon of emotions, feelings, so much. I dragged myself from my thoughts to the actual world. Looking straight up at the fins circling in front of me on the roof. The air was thick, and my lungs barely able to go anywhere, and my heart screaming into the abyss of my lonesome. 

I was going to see him today. Unwillingly. Maybe I can just make an excuse to leave? Maybe. I wasn't going to leave anytime soon, the art forum was going to be happening in a few hours, my phone was blasting with texts and calls from Jin and Karen, so much is going to happen in such a little bit of time. And I was not ready for this. Not yet at least.

    Jungkook's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror. We had just landed in LA, a while ago. I was looking to see if there was anything else that I needed to do for my facial skin care. I wanted to look my very best today, especially for Y/n. I was sweating profusely, and my thoughts were driving all over the place in my head. 

I couldn't wait to see Y/n again. I know obviously he might not want to see me, but I needed to say my piece to be able to have some peace in mind. But then again, I would never have peace in mind without him ending up in my arms in the end of my story. I wanted to be with him. I wanted to stay with him, hold him, love him, adore him for forever. 

I wanted nothing more than him to be with me, happy, and loved. I watched the fear in my eyes in my reflection, I didn't see any sense of happiness, or sense of content in my eyes. They were filled with emotions of distress, hollow depression. Almost nothing in them. As if when he left, so did my soul. 

But I know I'm going to make it right. I will fight for him. I will be able to make him happy. I'll end up loving him, someway somehow. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door, "Jungkook? You in there?" I could hear Jimin's voice sound from the other side of the door. 

"Yeah." I said, him coming in to see me. He smiled at me in the mirror "Trying to look good for your man?" He asked with a small giggle. I just smiled and shrugged some happiness towards his way. "You can say that." I said, a smile coming to my face. "Aww, look at that blush on your face!" He nearly squealed, pointing at me. I looked at myself to see I was in fact blushing from his words. 

He continued his routine by washing his face, rubbing some skin products on his hands and smoothening it against his face. "Hey, I have a question." I said, wiping my face off to hopefully get rid of the blush. "Yeah, what's up?" he asked. 

"If we end up seeing Y/n today, can you help to calm me down today. I don't know if I can contain myself if we end up crossing paths." I whispered, feeling the shakiness in my voice throughout my body. "Oh kook, of course. I'll stay by you the whole time and make sure you don't do anything stupid. Just remember we're there for the art gallery, not him." Jimin said, patting my back. 

"I know we're there for the art gallery, but I'm there for something else." I whispered the last part, Jimin apparently not catching onto. He smiled and I exited the room, going to get myself ready for the day and get some audio finished up before we get ready for the art gallery event. Apparently it was going to be a bit later, like around 5 I guess? So it seemed we had plenty of time to fill the day with whatever we needed to get finished, so that was just what I was going to do.

I got myself ready, entering my room and changing into some day clothes before getting some food and walking over to Namjoon hyungs room for some work. "Hey Namjoonie hyung." I said, walking in as he was focused on his laptop. "Hey Jungkook, you ready to get this started before we go to an interview and then the art gallery?" He asked, turning his chair around the see me. I sat on the couch, finishing u my food before shaking my head. He smiled and nodded. "Hey, are you feeling okay? Like, really okay for today? We can delay the art gallery if you're not feeling confident in tonight or if you're not feeling comfortable." Namjoon said placing a hand on my shoulder.