𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

*TW* MENTIONS OF ABUSE

Hi, my names Sadie Harris. I'm 11 years old and I live in Seattle with my dad and my two younger siblings, Jonah who is 3 and Lydia who is 1.

I was 2 when my mother died. I don't really remember what she was like. I mean I was a baby. But when she was still around was when I was at my happiest.

It was just the three of us then. Me, my mum and my dad. 

We lived out east during this time. Until, little to my small brain's knowledge, the world flipped upside down.

After my mother's passing my dad shipped the two of us out here without a word to anyone else. So for 4 years, it was just me and him. 

That was until he met my (EX) step mum, Charlie. She was okay I guess, we didn't really get along she used to shout a lot and send me to my room but she would brush my hair and help me pick out my outfits too sometimes.

About two years later my (half) brother Jonah was born things got worse then, my dad and charlie would constantly argue and fight. They never really got along in the first place though, so it wasn't surprising they couldn't handle the pressure of a screaming baby.

They managed to pull themselves together long enough to only go and get pregnant again and have my (now 1 year old) sister Lydia. However, as soon as she was born Charlie dipped leaving nothing but a letter stating how the kids were "bad for her mental health" and "ruining her life".

Dad had always been a drinker, for as long as I can remember. But when Charlie left things got really bad. I had always received verbal abuse from him. Such as being called a "piece of worthless shit", "nothing but a disappointment" and a "fat cow" I learned to ignore him and move on. However, since Charlies *departure* things have become more physical.

It started off with slaps but quickly progressed into punches and being thrown into things. He is smart though. Tactical if you will. He knows not to bruise which can be seen as that would land him in prison and he can't drink and smoke in prison.

I always make sure to protect Jonah and Lydia though. It's okay I can take and they can't.  It's what siblings are supposed to do you know. Have each other's backs and all that. 

Anyways, It's the first day of 6th grade tomorrow and I am so nervous.