Chapter 7

look what you made me do

SADIE HAD BEEN IN THE hospital for a few weeks now

Her healing progress was good, with only a slight remaining headache and her broken arm that Callie treated. Callie mentioned it was a pretty bad break, but thankfully Sadie wouldn't need surgery, just a cast for a while, which was a relief.

So much happened in such a short amount of time. Sadie got to be reunited with her aunt and uncle, she got to meet her new aunts (by marriage) and she got a break from her dad.

She didn't have to worry about keeping Jonah and Lydia safe, she just got to know they were safe.

But she needed out of this hospital.

She needed to stop being a burden and go back to reality.

As much as it hurt she couldn't keep living this fairy tale life.

Alex saved her but he couldn't keep saving her, she needed to go back.

I'm scared,

I'm scared of my dad,

I'm scared of going back to school,

I'm scared of having to deal with everything,

I'm scared for Jonah and Lydia,

I'm scared.

But, this wasn't about what Sadie wanted, this was about not ruining other people with her sad little life.

She could just keep protecting the kids and take it all.

It was fine.

She would be fine.

Maybe she could leave the kids here to live with Alex and she could go back on her own. They were innocent, it wasn't their fault they were born into this.

But so was she, she didn't ask for this either. She just had to realise it.

But she would figure it out.

She always did.

●∘◦❀◦∘●

SADIE HAD MADE UP her mind.

She felt she had to go home and face the music.

But Jonah and Lydia didn't. They could have a perfectly happy life with Alex and Jo without her being there.

This was her fortune, not theirs. They were too little to be going through all of this. They were only babies.

So with that being said she was leaving. It was going to hurt her like hell but she felt she had no choice.

Just then Alex walked in pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Hey, Princess,"

"Hi," Sadie replied lowly