Chapter 41 Ill

Leaving from Shantang, Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu walked home slowly like a walk, seeing that the door of the house was close in front of them, suddenly Huang Sanniang's shout came from behind.

When the two turned their heads, they saw Huang Sanniang trotting towards them with her skirts in hand, so they stopped.

"Sanniang, is there something wrong with Shantang in such a hurry?" Jiang Chenghan saw that Huang Sanniang was panting and his face was flushed, and he knew that Huang Sanniang had come running all the way. He thought there was something urgent, so he stepped forward to ask.

Huang Sanniang stopped, covered her chest with her hands and panted to calm her breathing. She couldn't speak for a while, she just shook her head, but she looked over Jiang Chenghan and looked at Yan Jingshu behind him with a little complexity. After slowing down for a while, she calmed down. , she said to Jiang Chenghan: "Brother Jiang, I, I have something to tell you. It's about the incident you asked Aunt Zhao to tell me."

Although Jiang Chenghan promised to help Xiao Qingfeng as a matchmaker, he was alone The big man told Huang Sanniang that it was still a little inappropriate, so he told Aunt Zhao about it, and asked Aunt Zhao to help pass it on to Huang Sanniang. He also said at that time, let Huang Sanniang think carefully, and reply to him next time they go to the Shantang again. Unexpectedly, they left from the Shantang, and Huang Sanniang chased them out.

Jiang Chenghan heard that Huang Sanniang wanted to talk to him alone, but he felt that there was no need to hide Yan Jingshu, anyway, he would not hide Yan Jingshu no matter what, so he planned to let Huang Sanniang say anything directly.

Not wanting to wait for him to say anything, Yan Jingshu spoke first, and said with a smile: "Since there is something to do, then Cheng Han, you and Sanniang talk slowly, I'll go home first." After saying that, she nodded slightly to Huang Sanniang, and looked at Looking at Jiang Chenghan, he turned and left before he could speak.

"Jingshu..." Yan Jingshu just left, Jiang Chenghan felt helpless, but he could only look at Huang Sanniang, and said, "What do you want to tell me?"

Huang Sanniang pursed her lips, as if she was a little embarrassed to speak, her hands and fingers were mixed together, she hesitated for a while, before she opened her mouth, said: "Brother Jiang, I'm sorry, I don't want to marry, marry Brother Xiao, I don't want to marry you. In fact, there is already someone who admires, and this person is, is..."

Regarding Huang Sanniang's intentions, Jiang Chenghan had already had some guesses in his mind, and he was not surprised to hear her say that at this time, but he just watched Huang Sanniang looking at him with admiration. To himself, he felt that he could not let her go on, so he interrupted her and said: "I see, it's okay, I will explain this matter clearly to Lao Xiao, and you don't have to feel burdened. It's a bit dark right now Now , you should go back to the Shantang as soon as possible, it's not safe to walk at night."

After that, Jiang Chenghan was about to turn around and leave, but he felt his sleeves being pulled, his brows were slightly frowned, and then he just lightened his arms. Lifting her hand, she shook off Huang Sanniang's hand, and when he turned back to look at Huang Sanniang, the gentle smile from before was no longer on his face.

"Brother Jiang..." Huang Sanniang, who had just reached out to grab Jiang Chenghan's sleeve in desperation to stop Jiang Chenghan, was stunned for a moment when she was thrown away by Jiang Chenghan. In the eyes, it felt as if a basin of cold water had been poured on the head, and all the excitement, shyness and expectations were washed away, leaving only embarrassment and shame.

Sighing secretly, Jiang Chenghan didn't expect to be hit by Yan Jingshu's words, and he didn't notice it at all before, so he couldn't help introspecting, but he still hoped that Huang Sanniang could figure it out. After a moment of silence, he said: " ... You are a good girl, and in the future you will definitely meet someone who treats you wholeheartedly and whom you also like, and you will become a loving couple and live a happy life, just like me and Jingshu."

Huang Sanniang didn't speak, and said in a low voice She tilted her head so that her expression could not be seen clearly, and her slightly trembling body revealed her unrest. After a while, she said "I'm sorry" with a choked voice, turned around and ran away after speaking.

Jiang Chenghan watched Huang Sanniang run away, shook his head, turned around and went home.

After walking around the house, Jiang Chenghan finally found Yan Jingshu in the study. At that time, he was carefully handling an old book that was wet by the rain and the pages were all stuck together.

As I said before, when Yan Jingshu was studying at Mushan Academy, she helped her teacher repair the broken books. When the two of them went to the street two days ago, they saw someone set up a vendor's collection of books, but they were damaged a lot due to improper storage. Yan Jingshu loved books very much, it was a pity to read them, so she paid for them and bought them all. When she has nothing to do at home, she can tinker with them and pass the time.

Seeing that Yan Jingshu was busy, Jiang Chenghan didn't bother him, and just sat on the side drinking tea and watching. For a while, I thought about what to say to Yan Jingshu, and for a while, I saw that Yan Jingshu was so focused on writing books, that he didn't seem to mind talking to Huang Sanniang at all, and I felt a little uncomfortable.

After thinking wildly for a while, Yan Jingshu stopped what he was doing before Jiang Chenghan waited too long. He got up and washed his hands in the copper basin by the window, then walked to the chair next to Jiang Chenghan and sat down, picked up the tea that Jiang Chenghan had just poured for him, and drank it.

"San Niang rejected Brother Xiao's marriage proposal, and it was because she already had someone she liked, right?" After drinking a few sips of tea to soothe her throat, Yan Jingshu didn't wait for Jiang Chenghan to speak first, and said her guess directly. It came out, and although it was a guess, the tone of the words was very firm.

Jiang Chenghan had already prepared a lot of words, but in the end, Yan Jingshu blocked everything he said, opened his mouth and finally nodded with a wry smile, and said: "It's just what you said, but I'm too dull, I didn't I found out that if I knew it earlier, I wouldn't have accepted Lao Xiao as a matchmaker."

Yan Jingshu smiled, Jiang Chenghan was indeed not usually dull in terms of feelings, and asked again: "Then how did you talk to her?"

Jiang Chenghan put himself He told Yan Jingshu exactly what he had said to Huang Sanniang, and finally said: "I just hope she can think about it as soon as possible, otherwise she will be the one who delays in the end."

Yan Jingshu nodded, and said nothing after that. They don't need to do anything about Huang Sanniang's affairs. What happens to her in the future depends on herself.

Before Kou Shijun gave Jiang Chenghan five days of marriage leave, seeing that the leave was coming to an end, thinking that he would be busy when he returned to work, Jiang Chenghan didn't go out on the last day, and just stayed at home with Yan Jingshu for a whole day. The next day, he put on formal clothes and rode to the Dudu Mansion.

After Jiang Chenghan left, Yan Jingshu didn't feel lonely at home alone. He always liked to be quiet, either reading or repairing books. At noon and evening, he would wait for Jiang Chenghan to come back and have dinner together. Occasionally, when Jiang Chenghan didn't come back, he would go to the Shantang I went to see the children, read books and draw pictures for the children, and lived a very leisurely life.

During the period, when I went to Shantang, I would inevitably meet Huang Sanniang. Yan Jingshu's attitude remained the same, as if she didn't know what Huang Sanniang said to Jiang Chenghan, but Huang Sanniang seemed afraid to face Yan Jingshu and avoided it, but There was no dissatisfaction or complaint in her eyes, which made Yan Jingshu feel much more at ease.

Unknowingly, more than half a month has passed, and Xi Muyuan's caravan and Yan Jingshu's dowry, which Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu left from the capital, finally arrived in Ningcheng.

In order to prevent accidents when going out, it is normal for people to go together if they are on the way, so although Jiang Chenghan does not want others to know his relationship with Xi Muyuan, it is all right, but although Xi Muyuan wants to report to Jiang Chenghan about the gains of this business trip , but did not enter Jiang's house, and only left a letter to Yan Jingshu, asking Jiang Chenghan to go to the old place to meet him on his rest day.

Before Yan Jingshu's family only hired two people to help clean, now that her own people came, she gave them a few months' extra salary and fired them. Then he directed everyone to move things, arrange rooms, and clean up.

When Jiang Chenghan came back from the office, he saw that the originally simple room had changed drastically. Soft-toned veils, soft and comfortable cushions, exquisite and unique ornaments, and green turquoise bonsai, the whole room is not only brand new under the arrangement of Yan Jingshu, but also reveals elegance and comfort everywhere, making people feel in it I feel much better.

Sitting on the big kang by the window, Jiang Chenghan suddenly remembered something, and said to Yan Jing: "By the way, except Brother Zhang and the others, my other friends and colleagues in Ningcheng heard that I was married, and they all clamored for a drink. My wedding, you want me to hold another wedding banquet, what do you think?"

Yan Jingshu was sorting out the account books, and nodded when she heard the words, and said: "This is also what it should be. Don't you just take a ten-day vacation in the future? Just stay there Let's do it on a daily basis. After a while, tell me the names of the guests who may come, and I'll see how many people there are, so that I can arrange for Zheng Er and his wife to buy some things for the wedding banquet."

Jiang Chenghan said, "There's no need to bother. , Brother Xi opened a restaurant in the city, and when the time comes, he will directly hire his restaurant to hold a banquet, so as not to have to toss at home."

Although Jiang Chenghan's arrangement costs a lot of money, it also saves money. A lot of trouble, Yan Jingshu naturally agrees.

After talking about this matter, Jiang Chenghan immediately went to the Zhiyuanzhai opened by Xi Muyuan, and talked about it with Xi Muyuan, and by the way, he heard Xi Muyuan tell him the harvest of this trip to the north, and he talked for more than an hour. When Jiang Chenghan came out of Zhiyuanzhai with a thick stack of bank notes in his arms, the sky had completely darkened.

Back home, Yan Jingshu was still awake, waiting for him, Jiang Chenghan handed him the bank note, and simply told Yan Jingshu what Xi Muyuan said.

Knowing that Xi Muyuan used his 20,000 taels of silver to make a lot of purchases in the capital, and then sold a lot of them along the way to the north. Now there are two-thirds of the goods left, but the principal has been returned. Half of it was the money that Jiang Chenghan brought back.

Yan Jingshu knew that Xi Muyuan was a prodigy in business, this time he was not surprised, so he just put the banknote in the box and kept it away. Xi Muyuan will stay in Ningcheng until next year before going out to do business again, so he is not in a hurry to give him the banknote right now.

"It's getting late, let's go to bed first, I'm afraid it will take a lot of energy in the future." Although the banquet was handed over to Xi Muyuan, Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu were still required to entertain the guests, and Jiang Chenghan was in Ningcheng. Due to their status, there will definitely be a lot of guests coming, and he and Yan Jingshu may not be able to find time easily.

"Well, I'll put these away, and I'll sleep and cough—" Yan Jingshu said, suddenly felt itchy throat, and couldn't help coughing.

When Jiang Chenghan heard that he was coming over, he frowned slightly and asked, "Why did you cough suddenly? Is there something uncomfortable?"

Yan Jingshu comforted her with a smile, and said, "It's okay, it may be that the charcoal fire has been burning too much these past two days, The house is too dry, I will drink more water in the future."

Now it is late autumn, the weather is getting colder, and the charcoal basin was lit a few days earlier. Fearing that Yan Jingshu would not be used to the climate here and it would freeze again, Jiang Chenghan bought the best charcoal and burned it every day, making the room as warm as spring, but he didn't expect that some of them were too hot, which made Yan Jingshu not good up.

Seeing that Yan Jingshu had only a slight cough and no other discomfort, Jiang Chenghan felt relieved, and then he asked someone to move the charcoal basin to the outside, poured some warm water for Yan Jingshu to drink, and the two fell asleep.

Only in the middle of the night, when he was woken up by the unusually hot temperature of the person in his arms, did Jiang Chenghan realize that it was too early for him to feel relieved.