Chapter 59 Rescue

"... Shu'er, think about it carefully. On the road, did Princess Dannu and the people around her behave differently? Did Cheng Han tell you what happened to the people who came from Dannu? Isn't it?" If Jiang Chenghan really can't get rid of the crime, then as his family wife, he must not be alone. Although Yan Jingshu is not the blood of the Yan family, Duke An can't just watch him have an accident, especially Mrs. Yan.

When Yan Jingshu heard the news that Jiang Chenghan was imprisoned, he felt the blood rushing to the top of his head in an instant, his brain was buzzing, and his face was as white as paper.

An Guogong looked at his face and saw that he was a little unsteady, so he quickly reached out to support him, and said worriedly: "Shu'er, don't worry too much, it's just that Cheng Han has nothing to do with this matter, he will definitely It will be fine. You have to take care of yourself and wait for Cheng Han to come back."

Closing his eyes, Yan Jingshu slowly clenched his trembling hands in his sleeves into fists, and he forced himself to calm down as soon as possible. An Guogong is right, he must take care of himself.

Kou Shijun is still far away in Ningcheng, Jiang Chenghan doesn't have any old knowledge in Beijing to help, he is just a small guard commander, without any family background, and he is involved in such a heinous crime as assassination, even if there is An Guogong to mediate , may not be able to rescue Jiang Chenghan, not to mention that he can't rely entirely on An Guogong, he has to think of other ways.

When he opened his eyes again, Yan Jingshu had already calmed down a lot. In his mind, he recalled what Jiang Chenghan had said to him, all the words related to Princess Danu and her entourage, while telling Kou Shijun, but in it, the two Did not find anything wrong with Princess Danu and the maid.

"...According to this, then this Dannu maid was not lost on the road, but she had harbored evil intentions as early as Dannu's time?" After listening to Yan Jingshu's narration, An Guogong thought for a moment and said.

Yan Jingshu also seemed to be thinking, nodded, and said, "I just don't know whether the mastermind behind it is Dan Nu, or someone else?"

Now that Daqi and Dannu have just formed a covenant, Dannu still relied on Daqi to send troops to frighten Beidi, so that he was not annexed by Beidi. According to common sense, it is impossible for Dannu to do such an assassination act, otherwise it would be the same as Yu suicidal.

However, there are no absolutes in the world, and it is not impossible for Dannu to do this. If all the frictions and wars that happened between Beidi and Danu before were just a self-directed and self-acted double-reed show, so as to deceive Daqi, and then in the name of alliance and marriage, it was actually an act of assassination. possible.

The truth of the assassination was not something that Yan Jingshu and An Guogong could figure out at this moment, but what the truth was was not important to the rescue of Jiang Chenghan. Regardless of whether the person who instigated the Dannu maid was from Danu, from Beidi, or someone else, Jiang Chenghan, as the escort commander, took her all the way to the capital, and even brought her to the emperor, so that she could have the assassination The opportunity is an indisputable fact.

Jiang Chenghan couldn't escape the crime of dereliction of duty, but in terms of punishment, he could do one thing or two, whether it was light or heavy.

"Father, I just returned to Beijing, and I'm not very familiar with Beijing. I don't know who can talk to the emperor right now?" Yan Jingshu thought over and over again, and asked An Guogong.

The punishment for Jiang Chenghan was only based on the emperor's words. If the emperor was only annoyed at Jiang Chenghan for sending an assassin, then Jiang Chenghan would definitely end up with no good results. A few good words, and that's a different story.

An Guogong frowned and thought for a while, then said: "If you talk about the court, the emperor relies most on the left and right prime ministers, the minister of Dali Temple, the imperial doctor, and the king of Chuxiang. But the emperor is most taboo about courtiers forming cliques for personal gain, so we I don't have any deep friendship with them. If I ask them to speak for Cheng Han, it may have the opposite effect. As for the harem, I don't know too much.

It just so happens that Cheng Han is not at home now, and your grandmother and I are worried about you bringing a child alone, so let's move to the Duke's mansion, and we can take care of you. When I got back to the mansion, I was asking your sister-in-law about it. She took care of everything in the harem in the past two years, so she should be clear about it. "

This time, Yan Jingshu did not refuse Duke An's proposal. He didn't care about it, but he had to worry about the children. He might not be at home often in the future. Even if he was accompanied by a wet nurse and maid, he would not feel at ease. Madam Yan looked at him, so he could really feel at ease.

Without further ado, Yan Jingshu immediately called the servant girl to pack up. This time, I only need to pack up some clothes and daily necessities, so I packed it up quickly and sat down. The carriage went to the Duke's mansion.

The Mingxuan where Yan Jingshu lived before he got married has not been moved since he left. Shen Shi often sends people to clean it. It seems that there is no difference from before Yan Jingshu left. At this time, the bedding has also been removed. The tents, etc. have been laid out and installed, and they can live in directly.

Although it has changed to an unfamiliar environment, Jiajia has no discomfort with her great-grandmother, and soon she is in the garden of the Duke's Mansion. , played with the little emperor's grandson and Brother Xin who had been on vacation for a few days because of their arrival, so he didn't have to study any more.

Let the maids look at the children, and Yan Jingshu asked his sister-in-law, Shen When I asked Mr. An about the matter before, Mrs. Shen is really familiar with the affairs of the harem. In the past two years, which concubine in the palace has been promoted, which one is pregnant, and which one has offended Long Yan. She told Yan Jingshu who was favored one by one.

The concubine Li who had asked the emperor to marry Jiang Chenghan and Yan Jingshu before, although her status remained the same, she had already been replaced by a newcomer, and it was difficult to see the emperor for several months. On the one hand. Besides, it is not sure whether she is an enemy or a friend, so she is not required to show up. However, the most precious and beautiful woman in the palace is the natal cousin of Zhen Guogong's wife.

Yan Jingshu and Zhen Guo He hasn't forgotten the old enmity between the sons and daughters, so naturally this precious woman can't go the same way.

Although all he got was bad news, Yan Jingshu didn't give up hope, he still had a way to do it. Although this method is a bit dangerous, but in order to save Jiang Chenghan right now, he has to do it.

Taking out an ordinary-looking spice box from the cage, Yan Jingshu took out the spices inside, then lifted the wooden board at the bottom of the box, and took out a letter from inside.

Before leaving Ningcheng, Kou Shijun handed this letter to Jiang Chenghan, asking him to take this letter and send the little grandson to a person at the address he designated.

Although the prince's treason case has now been vindicated, the restoration of the emperor's grandson's identity is a matter of great importance. It cannot be handled by a small general like Jiang Chenghan. His task is to send the emperor's grandson to the capital and hand it over to Kou Shijun. on the hands of the person who requested it.

Originally, Jiang Chenghan was supposed to handle this matter, but right now, only Yan Jingshu is doing it. However, he did not take the little grandson with him when he went out this time. Once Jiang Chenghan was involved in the assassination, there must be someone in Beijing paying attention to them. It would be too dangerous to take the grandson out. Apart from the matter of the emperor's grandson, he also had other purposes.

Without the emperor's wrath and multiple hunts and arrests, the little emperor's grandson can be rescued from the East Palace and sent out of the capital safely. This person must have extraordinary abilities, and he might even be in a high position. If possible, he hopes to persuade him to come forward. Intercede for Jiang Chenghan.

This was Yan Jingshu's plan. After putting the letter close to her body, she immediately planned to go out to find that person. Since Jiang Chenghan came back from Danu, he has never kept anything from him, and he also knows the address of that person.

It's just that he didn't want him to arrive at the gate of the Duke's Mansion. Xie Huan just got off his horse and walked in.

"Uncle? Why are you here?" Yan Jingshu stopped in her tracks and asked subconsciously.

Xie Huan, with obvious worries on his face, naturally addressed Yan Jingshu, and said, "I know what happened to Cheng Han, don't worry too much, I have already found my teacher and classmates, and asked them to help me find a way to save people, Cheng Han Han will be fine."

Seeing that Xie Huan was more anxious than herself, Yan Jingshu's heart warmed slightly, and a smile appeared on her face, and said, "Thank you uncle, I'm sorry to bother you, but don't worry, I'm fine, I'll be fine Waiting for Cheng Han to come home."

Xie Huan saw that Yan Jingshu's face was normal, and that there was indeed nothing serious as he said, so he was a little relieved, and said: "Are you going out? I'll go with you."

Jiang Chenghan If something happened, it would be fine if Yan Jingshu was in the Duke's mansion, but if he went out alone, he would not be at ease no matter what. Mrs. Yan and Duke An were also worried, but Yan Jingshu insisted, so they had no choice but to agree, and finally chose the two best guards in the Duke's mansion to accompany Yan Jingshu to protect them.

But Yan Jingshu remembered something, and asked, "Uncle, is grandma still in good health?"

Xie Huan rushed back to Beijing only after receiving news that Xie's mother was seriously ill. For Huan's sake, he should ask.

Xie Huan said: "I'm getting old and have had some strokes. Now it's stable, but I'm afraid it will be inconvenient to move around in the future. There are no other serious problems."

"That's good." Yan Jingshu nodded, strokes are also common for older people As long as there is no serious problem, he then said: "Uncle took care of my grandmother very hard for many days. Right now, my grandmother is safe and uncle is taking a rest. I have guards to accompany me, so nothing will happen."

Xie Huan still wanted to say something, but Looking at those two strong and brave guards, he knew that they were not easy to mess with, and thought that if something happened to him, he had no official title and no martial arts skills, and he really didn't have anything to protect Yan Jingshu. There is no more pressing.

Knowing that Yan Jingshu had something to do, Xie Huan didn't delay him any longer, and made way for Yan Jingshu to leave the Duke's mansion with the guards first. He didn't leave after that, but went to see Mrs. Yan and Jiajia.

Yan Jingshu was accompanied by two sturdy guards, and he attracted people's attention along the way. He did not immediately go to the address given by Kou Shijun to search for people, but first took them for a stroll in the city and bought a lot of things. I went into a pastry shop and ordered a signature snack in the shop.

But because the snacks are sold out now, and they need to be made fresh, Yan Jingshu is waiting in the shop. Not long after, he suddenly felt a little unwell, and asked the guard to stay in the store. He asked the clerk where the clean room was, and went to the backyard of the store.

Not long after, Yan Jingshu came back, and there seemed to be nothing unusual, but only he knew that the secret letter from Kou Shijun was no longer with him.

Although he said his request when he handed the letter to the shopkeeper, the shopkeeper needs to report the matter to the master. As for whether he will help him or not, it will take a few days to know.

Because she had expected it, Yan Jingshu was not surprised, but she was worried that Jiang Chenghan, who was currently in the prison of the Ministry of Criminal Justice, would suffer some hardships in the past few days.

Yan Jingshu was right to be worried. As soon as Jiang Chenghan entered the prison of the Ministry of Criminal Justice, he was "entertained" according to the old rules. However, he received special training in torture in his previous life, and he has been fighting on the battlefield for many years in this life. That idea of ​​"entertaining" 'It's nothing to him.

Just as Yan Jingshu was worried about him, he didn't think much about what would happen to him in the future, but he was full of thoughts about Yan Jingshu, afraid that he would be too sad and worried, afraid that he would work so hard to save himself, and that his body would not be able to hold on.

I don't know whether it's luck or misfortune, but the days of suffering like this didn't last too long, only two days later, Jiang Chenghan was taken out of the prison of the Ministry of Criminal Justice. It's just that he was not released and went home. Instead, he was sent from the prison of the Criminal Ministry to the prison of the Audit Department.

Jiang Chenghan also knew about this inspection department. It was an institution similar to the Fusi of Jinyiwei Township in the ancient Ming Dynasty in his previous life. It dealt with cases appointed by the emperor full-time. They can carry out arrests, torture, and executions on their own.

And now the head of the inspection department is the only king with a different surname in the court, Mu Chongyan, King of Chuxiang. At the same time, he is also the commander of the imperial army, commanding 200,000 imperial troops under his command, responsible for the defense of the entire capital and the imperial city.