The Proposal

It has been a few weeks since Bardock had defeated Chilled. He has been helping the village out before he decided to leave the Edo Village.

He decided to help repair the damages that Chilled and his army had caused for the villagers. Kagome and Sango were helping the injured while Bardock, Miroku, and Inuyasha helped out in the fields and repaired the houses. Shippo and Kirara entertained the children. Inuyasha was grumpy the entire time, which annoyed Bardock.

Afterward, Bardock packed his things before leaving the village. This will be the last time seeing them. He has to say goodbye to them, but he couldn't because he knows he promised Kagome that he would stay for a while. However, he could see Kagome bring happiness to Inuyasha. He guessed his heart no longer belongs to her. She belongs to Inuyasha. He wished he shouldn't fall for the priestess. Shouldn't be falling in love with her. He could tell it was just a secret that he had kissed Kagome and wasn't planning on telling Inuyasha that he loves Kagome. Now he decided it would be best to leave and travel around the world, wishing to find a way to see Kakarot and his enemy Frieza from the future timeline.

When he was about to leave, Bardock felt a small tap on his leg as he turned around and saw it was Shippo.

"Bardock, where are you going?" Shippo asked, looking worried for him. To him, Bardock felt like a father figure. He remembered when his father was killed, Kagome kindly took him in when others would probablkilledll him or leave him to survive on his own. Shippo was always worried about how Inuyasha was treating her. He couldn't understand why Inuyasha was treating her so horribly after everything she's done for him. However, now they got back together and Shippo didn't think Inuyasha was good enough with Kagome.

He sighed, looking, "I'm leaving, Shippo. After everything I have done, I decided that it would be best for me to leave this village."

"Don't go! You promised Kagome your stay!" Shippo pleaded with him.

"I'm sorry, Shippo, but I can't stay here anymore. I knew my job here is done, so I have to go. I knew Kagome would be happier with Inuyasha, probably planning on getting married." Bardock said, frowning.

"Will you ever come to visit us?" Shippo asked him with a sad look.

He sighed as he gave him a kind smile. Bardock rubbed Shippo's forehead and said, "I will." After that, he turned around before leaving, "Shippo, before I go, tell Kagome that I love her and I will be back."

He nodded. "Okay..."

With that, Bardock flew away and disappeared, leaving poor Shippo alone. Now he has to tell Kagome that Bardock had left the village without saying goodbye.

***

Back to the Edo Village...

"What...? Bardock left?" Kagome asked in shock after Shippo explained everything. She couldn't believe Bardock had left without saying goodbye or without telling her. So why now? She cared so much about this man.

Shippo nodded and said, "Yes, he did."

"What else did he say? I mean last time talking to him?" Kagome asked, worried.

"Bardock wanted me to tell you that he loves you and he will come back," Shippo replied.

She sighed sadly, "I understand... I didn't want him to leave the village. He promised that he'll stay."

"Kagome," Inuyasha called out, walking over to her.

"Yes?" Kagome asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Inuyasha asked.

"Sure," Kagome nodded as she followed him into the forest. She noticed that they were at a great distance away from the village.

"So, Inu, what is it that you want to tell me?" Kagome asked him.

"Kagome, there is something I want to ask you," Inuyasha said as he got on his left knee Kagome knew what he was about to do. He pulled a small box out of the pocket and opened it, revealing a wedding ring, which surprised Kagome.

She gasped in shock.

"Kagome Higurashi, will you marry me?" Inuyasha asked with a joyful smile.

"Inuyasha, I..." Kagome was speechless. She couldn't believe he was asking her to marry her. But what is worse is that she still loved Bardock. She knew her heart belongs to the Saiyan that she just met. However, she knew her heart doesn't belong to Inuyasha anymore. With a hard choice, she decided she tells him that she was in love with Bardock or accept him to be Inuyasha's wife.

"If you don't want to, then I'll wait. Let me know when you're ready," Inuyasha said with an honest smile. Kagome knew he wasn't forcing her to be his mate. He wanted her to take more times to decide.

"... I'll decide," Kagome answered.

"Are you sure?" Inuyasha asked, brows arched.

She nodded with a fake smile. "Yes."

He smiled at her. "Then I'll wait."

"Thank you," Kagome said.