九 ; Karina and Y/N dating? Yeah, right.

Routines are meant to be routines

Every class, you and Karina were supposed to arrive and start on your project. Whether it would be to edit past slides, you guys worked on our to add things to the slides that needed to be added, and then leave. While you both worked on the slides, your role was to tell one of your many experiences, and her role was to listen. If not, comfortable silence or music will often fill that silence.

But today was different.

You and Karina were finally finishing up the project and editing all the slides making sure it was all correct, and although it wasn't necessary because you two still had another project that you two needed to work on for the class, the editing of the project gave the work a nicer and more thoughtful look. So you both just went with the decision.

The day was going as it usually would. You had finished a more recent story from the old folks' home, going on about how you were excited to be back with them on Thursday. "Throwback Thursday. We play music, shows, and films from their times. Even if they already do that anyways, it's a bit more special because practically all the residents attend and it's my first time coming back after so long."

"That actually sounds like a lot of fun," Karina says genuinely, "I can't imagine the nostalgia they go through." She says as she finishes the last thing she needed to fix on all her slides before she switched to another browser so she could get started on your guys second project.

"How about you come with me then?" You offer, "Are you busy on Thursday?" You stop typing and wait for Karina's reply, watching as she freezes at your sudden question. She only froze because this wasn't how it usually was. Your supposed to say something like 'it is fun' or go on to tell her a story about a previous throwback Thursday. But asking her to come with you?

"Me?" She verbalizes, "Come with you?"

"Yeah!" You nod, "They love seeing new faces help out around the retirement home." You carelessly begin to type away on your laptop and once you were finishing editing your section, you moved onto the next project. "And it would be cool for you to be there. That way we can share one of these stories."

"Um..." She didn't like using agendas, but right now would have been the right time to have one. "I'm not sure, actually. I'll let you know before then, though. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Day of is fine, too."

The minute she got home, she felt a strong urge to tell Aeri about the invitation. But knowing Aeri, she knew damn well she was going to convince her to go.

She guessed correctly when she peeks over her laptop and over at Karina after her brief ramble about it. "Didn't you say that you and Y/N were on better terms now?" Karina nods. "Well, I think there wouldn't be any harm in going. Imagine how horrible you'd look if you rejected that opportunity."

"Y/N would understand," she says quietly.

"Well, do you want to go?" Aeri questioned.

She blinks at her best friend, "It's not that I don't want to go. It's just..." She paused and try to think about why she's stressing about something that wasn't even that big of a deal. Y/N literally just invited her to volunteer. It's not like you were asking her on a date (and why would you?). It was just the idea of you actually asking her to spend time with you outside of class that made her stop and think.