Crazy Molly

Gerard was a dedicated runner and enjoyed going for late night jogs to clear his head

Gerard was a dedicated runner and enjoyed going for late night jogs to clear his head. But tonight, he had chosen a route through the woods that were known to be haunted by the spirit of a sixteenth century witch called Crazy Molly. It was said that she had been hung for her evil ways and her spirit now haunts the woods, taking anyone who crosses her path.

Gerard shrugged off the stories as mere superstition and set out on his run. As he jogged deeper into the woods, he couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched. The darkness seemed to close in around him, and the trees seemed to loom closer, as if trying to block his path.

But Gerard pressed on, determined to finish his run. That was until he heard a voice whispering his name. He stopped in his tracks and looked around, but there was no one there. He shrugged it off as the wind and continued running.

As Gerard jogged, he heard the sound of footsteps behind him, but when he turned around, there was still no one there. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up and he quickened his pace.

The woods seemed to come alive, with branches reaching out to grab him and leaves rustling ominously. Gerard could feel a cold breath on his neck, and he knew that he was not alone.

He broke into a run, his heart pounding in his chest. The voice was getting louder, calling his name over and over. He could see the edge of the woods up ahead and he knew he was close to safety.

But just as he was about to break free of the woods, he felt a hand grab his ankle and pull him to the ground. He kicked and struggled, but the grip was too strong.

Gerard's mind raced as he felt the cold breath of the witch on his face. He closed his eyes and prepared for the worst. But just as he felt the hand tighten around his throat, he was released and he scrambled to his feet. He didn't look back as he ran out of the woods, not stopping until he reached the safety of his home.

Gerard never ran through the woods again and avoided the woods for the rest of his life. He couldn't shake off the feeling of the witch's presence following him, and he knew deep down that he had narrowly escaped death at the hands of Crazy Molly.