The Steel Mill

It was a dark and chilly night, with the moon peeking out from behind the clouds as two young girls made their way through the dense woodland, taking the shortest route home from a late-night study session

It was a dark and chilly night, with the moon peeking out from behind the clouds as two young girls made their way through the dense woodland, taking the shortest route home from a late-night study session. Their names were Sarah and Emily, and they were both college students, lost in their thoughts as they walked past the old steel mill that was rumored to be haunted.

Sarah was the talkative one, always chirping away, while Emily was quieter, lost in her own world. As they neared the steel mill, they felt an eerie sensation, a feeling of being watched that they couldn't shake off. They slowed down and looked around, trying to make sense of the creeping feeling that was crawling up their skin.

"Did you feel that?" Sarah asked, her voice quivering.

"Feel what?" Emily asked, looking around.

"That feeling of being watched. Like someone's following us," Sarah whispered, her eyes darting back and forth.

"I don't see anyone," Emily said, trying to sound calm.

"I don't either, but I can feel it. It's like there's a ghost or something," Sarah said, her eyes widening in fear.

"Stop scaring me," Emily said, her voice shaking slightly.

They continued to walk, their pace quickening with each step, until they reached the gate of the old steel mill. It was closed and locked, with rusted chains hanging from the padlock.

"Let's go around," Sarah said, her voice shaking.

"No way. We're already late, and we have to cross this. Come on," Emily said, taking Sarah's hand.

They pushed open the gate and walked inside, the sound of their footsteps echoing in the silence. The place was dark, with only the moonlight to guide their way. As they walked, they saw strange shapes in the shadows, and their imaginations began to run wild.

"Did you see that?" Sarah asked, her voice trembling.

"See what?" Emily asked, her heart racing.

"That shape in the shadows. It looked like a person," Sarah whispered.

"I didn't see anything. You're just freaking yourself out," Emily said, trying to sound brave.

They walked on, and the feeling of being watched only grew stronger. They could hear strange whispers, and the sound of footsteps that weren't theirs. It was as if the ghost of the old steel mill was walking beside them, following their every move.