the rain

the rain was pouring down while you and naya walked as fast as possible to get home. you two had a picnic date today, it was absolutely amazing; you spent the whole together, and as always it was incredible.
but you had to rush back home when it started raining, and now you're both soaked...

all of the sudden, naya stops walking and holds your wrist, making you stop too.

"what?" you ask.

naya grabs her phone, puts it on top of a bank next to a bus stop and start recording. "what are you doing?" she smiles while walking your way and grabbing your hands. "something i've been wanting to do for a really long time!" she says and puts her hands on your waist and pushes you towards her, kissing your lips softly yet passionately.

the way her lips felt on yours made your knees buckle. even though it was freezing, you really didn't wanted this to end. she pulled back a few seconds later, leaving you both breathless. "you alright?" she asked teasingly, knowing very well the power she had over you.

you nodded with a small smile and kissed her again, she tightened the grip on your hips, making you smile into the kiss.

after she pulls back, she holded you, and you put your head in the crock of her neck. she started swaying in a slow, loving rhythm. you stayed like this for minutes, just enjoying each other's warmth and you couldn't care less about the rain. "i love you so much" she mumbles, moving her hand to caress your head. you giggled lovingly. "i love you too..." she pulls away and looks into your eyes. "you okay?" you ask her when you noticed her face fill with worry and excitement. "i'm great..., i've been great for a long time now."

"how come?" you ask smiling at her cuteness.

"because of you, and how happy you make me." she says, making you hide your face to hide your embarrassment.

"come here, baby!" she says laughing and making you look at her. "i'm serious. i love you...so much. you make me the happiest person in this world."

"naya..." you say softly, feeling your heart melt at her words.

"let me finish." she says with a smile. "i was planning on doing this next week, but i think there isn't a better moment than this one...we both have had bad experiences in our past relationships, and i wasn't even sure if i could ever be loved or love anyone ever again. but then you showed up, and changed my whole life. you're the only person i can see myself having a family with. i'm really looking forward to our future together. i wanna share all my memories with you, from the best ones to the worst ones. i wanna get home from an exhausting day, and have you welcoming me with the biggest smile, and a hug that can make all my problems vanish in a matter of seconds. i want you to be the person i rehearse all my lines with. i want you...by my side, for the rest of our days." at this point both of you were tearing up, and deep down you knew where this whole speech was going to end. "i can't get enough from you, and i actually don't want to. every day i'm falling more and more for you, and i will never stop."

she stops to give you a quick kiss. "i want you to be the woman i dance all my dances with. i want you to be the person whose shoulders i can cry on. i want you to be the person who calms me down in the middle of a crisis. i want you to want to be with me, just as much as i want to be with you." she stares lovingly into your eyes, almost forgetting her speech. "i never thought a love like this could ever happen. i always believed that this was only real in movies. but you...you teached me what true love really is. you teached me that the love that we see in books are real, and not only that, you actually made me be apart of it. you make me crazy, and i love it. you're the love of my life. you're my oxygen. you.. miss y/n y/l/n, are my forever! and i would be more than pleased if you would give me the honor to be your forever" she dug in her jacket pocket and wiped her teary eyes. then, she lowered to one knee, and pulled the most magnificent ring. "y/n/n...baby. will you marry me?"

you put your hands in your mouth, "yes!! i would love to." she gets up, grabs you by the waist and kisses you roughly then lifting you up on the sky and swirling you around making you laugh.

she puts you back on the floor and you both just stare at each other's eyes with huge smiles on both your faces.

"okay, come here." naya says opening the velvet box. "give me your hand!" you hand out your hand for her.

"you're shaking." you say laughing making naya chuckle. "of course i'm shaking!! that was so much pressure. i felt like i could just have a stroke-"

"i'm glad you didn't." you say teasingly. "me too! now shut up and let me put this ring on your finger."

"okay okay." she slides the ring on your finger and you caressed her cheek making her look back up at you and give her passionate kiss

"we. are. getting. married." you say while kissing all over her face.

"i know!!!!" she says with a wide smile before squeezing you in her arms.

"i love you so much. all those things you said were beautiful, and i feel the exact same way. i- god...i don't even know what to tell you."

"you don't have to say anything, angel. you saying 'yes' was enough."

you could never explain what you felt in that moment, but it seemed like all your problems had gone away and your life had become perfect all of the sudden.