ex

you had no idea how you ended up in a situation like this. of course you always thought naya was beautiful and insanely attractive, but she was your friend. just a friend.

it started a few months ago.

you started hanging out a lot more, just the two of you. she made you feel so comfortable.

but one night, while you were watching 'the office' in her apartment, sharing a bottle of red wine, something changed.

"you're so pretty, y/n/n." she stroked your hair. "i know i shouldn't say this, but i really wanna kiss you right now" she looked deep into your eyes, nervous that she might have just ruined everything by saying that.

you didn't say anything in response, you just let out a little laugh, which gave naya a confidence boost. "can i?" she whispered, her face just a few inches away from yours. you were too nervous to give her a proper answer, so you just nodded your head.

the two of you have gotten much more closer this past seven months. you've never felt like this before. naya was perfect.

"do you feel guilty at all?" you asked her, gently caressing her back, as she laid on top of you.

"no." she answered quickly "why would i? we're so fucking happy together, and it's not like you cheated on her."

"i know. it just doesn't feel right sometimes. i mean, dianna is one of your best friends. she was the one who introduced us to each other. like, you literally only know me because i dated her."

"okay, when you put it like that, it does sound bad," naya said with a jokingly tone, but you knew she was serious. "trust me, i never meant to do this to hurt her, i don't want to, but i can't help it if i like you so much. if dianna gets upset when she finds out, so be it. you guys broke up ages ago anyway."

"almost two years. it's not that long ago."

naya nodded

an awkward silence took place in the room. you both knew this would hurt dianna a lot. her best friend and her ex girlfriend ending up together was something she never saw coming.

"speaking of the devil..." naya chuckled nervously when dianna's name appeared on her phone's screen.

"hey, di. how are ya?" the older woman said as she answered the call.

"naya! hi, i'm good. just wondering if you wanted to go out today, i really wanna talk to you about something" dianna said

"um- just gimme a sec, i'll check if i'm free." naya muted herself and looked at you

"she wants to meet tonight. do you mind if i go?" she asked you

"of course not." she nodded and unmuted the phone call.

"where do you wanna meet?" naya said into the phone

"it's good to see you, nay. it's been way too long." dianna said as she gave her friend a hug

the two had been super busy with work and other life stuff lately, so what you hadn't gotten the chance to see each other lately

"it's good to see you too, di. how's 38 treating you?" naya smiled

"so far so great. how about you? how's 37 treating you?" dianna said

"it's been the best to be honest. never thought i'd be so chill about being so close to 40. everything is working out great. work is good, and everything is just amazing with y/n. couldn't ask for anything more."

"y/n? what do you mean? y/n y/l/n?!" and that's when naya realized what she had said. she was too scared to say anything, so she just looked at her with guilt written all over her face, hoping that she would understand what it going on and she wouldn't have to explain herself.

"so, are you guys a thing now or what?" she chuckled nervously

"you could say that. we've been together for about seven months"

"wow...alright. i need a moment." she sighed and looked around the restaurant "and a drink" the blonde let out a heavy breath that she was holding in.

"i honestly don't know how it happened. it's just....god, i don't know, di. we just started to hang out more, and i feel in love with her." naya started saying

"how could you not?!" dianna mumbled under her breath but naya still heard it, but just decided to brush it off.

"we kept it a secret because we didn't want to hurt you. i understand if your mad, but, i just like her so much...i'm so sorry." naya sighed

"i'm not mad at you, naya. or at her. i just wish you'd told me earlier." dianna began "and she really is amazing. trust me, you don't wanna let her go. i made that mistake before, i know what i'm talking about. so, please, just treat her right now that you got your chance. i mean, it is very weird, i won't lie. i'll definitely need some time to get used to it. but as long as both of you are happy, it's all good." dianna smiled

"thank you, di" naya grinned from ear to ear. "it feels good to let it off my chest! so, anyway, what did you want to tell me?"

"oh, right! taylor and i started going out again." dianna said, happiness very clear on her expression. and naya almost choked on her drink.

"damn, i was all nervous here and you're dating someone" naya said and they both laughed. "that's great. congrats!"

"thank you!" dianna smiled "if things go wrong with y/n and taylor, we can always just switch cause clearly we have the same taste in women."

"that sounds so wrong" naya said as she laughed loudly along with dianna "i'm happy for you, honey"

"and i'm happy for you too. i promise you, y/n is so much different than the other people you've been with. she really is incredible, nay."

"she sure is..."

dianna smiled at her friend.

the rest of their night went great, the two friends caught up a little, but in all honestly, naya couldn't wait to get back home to you. she was beyond happy that she finally told dianna