¹ii: I Am No Bird / And No Net Ensnares Me

⋆࿐໋ ˖‧DUSK TO DAWN

⋆࿐໋ ˖‧
DUSK TO DAWN
. . . VOL. 1 / CH. 2
━━━━━━━━
1ST PERSON / OLIVIA!

I AM NO BIRD / AND NO NET ENSNARES ME        "We need to take this seriously, Cory

        "We need to take this seriously, Cory." I spoke in as much of a gentle tone I could make through my aggravation. Afar, a draft spilled into the training area we had occupied for a majority of the day. Cory was laid against the cracking, cement floor, her back against the coolness of it. She laid upright, eyes studying the ceiling. "Why should we?" She questioned me.

A small groan escaped my lips as I put my hands to my hips, trying to be slow in my movement to hover above her. She reminded me with this bored look in her expression, "Things aren't going to get easier anytime soon, Liv." Her bottom lip tucked beneath her top as she gave into an emotion I couldn't see her expressing. Maybe, it was agitation of some sort? It was too hard to tell when I had also grown vex.

One month had passed into our second lives, and things hadn't gotten any easier. My throat still tore violently with the burning of thirst and desire. As did Cory's. Now, it was expected of us to try and remain as civilized as we could. Which was nearly possible given our circumstance.

Cory brilliant scarlet eyes met my burgundy ones, and she let her eyes scan over my face, perking a brow. Shaking my head, I held my hand out and waited for her to take it. After a moment, she gave in with an eye roll and a small smile. Once she took my hand, I lifted her back up with little effort. Vampire strength was already powerful, but, Newborn strength was on a whole other level.

"Still," I said, "it's not like there is anything else to possibly do. We've read a majority of their books—Made fun of them twice. Now, they want us to train. We aren't in any position to say no." A small spin I did as I looked around the room. There wasn't anything important inside. No furniture. Only windows and the pillars built already—Which often needed repairing or replacing due to training with the guard. I shrugged, "It's honestly a miracle it's just been us for the last few weeks. No training with the guard, yet, seeing as they are too preoccupied with all their precious, vampire secrets. They are very ... extreme—At least, that's what Zac has told me."