11 - 𝕬 𝕾𝖚𝖎𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝕬𝖗𝖒𝖔𝖗

When the new term began, Holly was more stressed than ever.

Professor McGonagall had started teaching them about switching spells, Holly had to keep looking for her quill because Blaise kept using the spell on her

"Your quill is just so much better" he said after Holly snapped at him the third time, Holly snatched her quill from his hand and marched back to her desk.

In Defence Against the Dark Arts, Professor Quirrell was teaching them how to treat werewolf bites.

Although Holly had a hard time paying attention to his class, she could get past his stuttering but his teaching style is just really not for her.

It doesn't help that she keeps dreaming - more like having a nightmare about the professor, just like Theo had described.

It started a few days into the term, Holly had been anxious to learn about Gytrashes during Defence.

Professor Quirrell said they were these dog-like spirits prowling about the Forbidden Forest, and that they're particularly nasty during the night. He said they'd come out of the forest and roam the castle, Draco suggested they go hunting for one but Professor Quirrell quickly shot him down. He said they won't be able to find Gytrashes unless they want to be found.

That night, Holly read a book about Gytrashes. They didn't look particularly nasty in the illustrations, but they had sharp canines and a bony body. Holly fell asleep on the couch, the heavy tome sprawled on her lap.

She dreamt of Professor Quirrell, he was in his office. Holly can practically smell the heavy stench, she was about to walk off when she heard Quirrell start talking.

Holly walked past the door- floated through the door, a small lamp was on Quirrell's desk, the only source of light in the room.

Holly can barely see him, but Quirrell's large head had visibly shrunk. His turban was unwrapped, carelessly dumped on the desk. But no matter how hard Holly squinted, she couldn't see Quirrell's face at all. But she could hear him perfectly clear, he was talking, not even stuttering.

"Snape, yes, refereeing the next match." Quirrell was saying.

A voice beside him- although Holly couldn't see another person said in a raspy voice, "That's right, maybe Severus will have better luck with your incompetence."

Quirrell winced. "I a-a-apologise, my lord. I promise, the next time Pot-"

"Hush!" The voice suddenly shouted.

The hairs on Holly's arm suddenly rose, she had that itching urge to run. But she was firmly planted on the floor, her actions were not her own anymore.

The chair scraped loudly against the floor as Quirrell stood up, he quickly wrapped his head again before stepping into the lamp light.

He had a frown on his face, his shoulders hunched as his eyes squinted.

Holly can hear a wisp of a voice, someone whispering, barely audible.

Quirrell stepped towards her, he was staring on the wall behind her but it didn't give Holly much comfort.

Another step forward, he was only four steps away.

Three...

Two...

Holly clamped her eyes shut, just as Quirrelll walked through her.

When Holly opened her eyes, she was no longer in Quirrell's office.

A suit of armour glinted next to her, a corridor stretched before her.

She was moving before her mind could process it, down the corridor and through the door.