37 - 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖉𝖘

Holly spent the better part of her days evading Tantalus and the goons he sent to find her, rumours had spread that there were still groups patrolling the borders right under his nose and instead of looking grateful, the prisoner looked even more distasteful at the thought of keeping the campers safe.

Aphrodite Cabin had tried to elect her to lead the chariot race, but Holly had refused the idea. With everyone so focused on the race, they could only muster a small group to keep patrolling the borders and she was one of them.

In the end, Silena managed an alliance wth Hephaestus Cabin where Lance will be one of their riders. Since the other cabin will be doing most of the work with designing and building their chariot, Holly was voted unanimously to test the carriage before the proper race.

She didn't have a chance to argue when Beck called in his favour which was why she was walking back to the Forges one busy afternoon when the green-eyed boy caught up to her.

"Hey, Holly-" Percy began.

"Nope." Holly picked up her pace, turning away from the confused boy. "I already talked to Annabeth and I'm not picking sides over your foolish squabble. If you want to make up, you're going to have to sort it out on your own."

Her blonde friend had ranted to her about the boy after she dumped Percy- or well, walked out of their arrangement. She couldn't really tell who was right, but originally, Poseidon and Athena were meant to work together.

But just like their parents, that arrangement turned into their fight. Talk about history repeating itself, and was it Holly's fault that she wished history does repeat itself.

"I wasn't going to talk about Annabeth," There was an annoyed tone in Percy's voice at her name. "Travis Stoll told me you're the one organizing evening patrols?"

"Yeah." Holly said as they slowed down in front of the Forges, she turned to Percy. "What did Chiron tell you before he left?"

She didn't receive much of a goodbye from the centaur before he left, what he reminded her was weeks old and that was to not do anything foolish for Thalia. She made no such promises, and he left it at that.

"He told me to stay at camp and train hard." Percy shrugged. "That's what I'm doing, training hard."

"Fine," Holly said after a moment. "There's an open slot with Silena's patrol tonight at Half Blood Hill, then if you want there's tomorrow night with Annabeth's patrol at the beach."

"That's perfect, thanks." Percy said before jogging off.

Holly pushed the large doors of the Forges and stepped inside, she heard the clanging of metal as she rounded the dimly lit space. The skylight was open, streaming in a circle of light around the work table where she found Beck and-

"What are you doing?" Holly sniped.

Tyson fumbled, almost dropping the rapier- her rapier, if it weren't for Beck's quick reflexes.

Beck had told her he would be fixing her rapier today, but he didn't mention it would be with that- him.

"S-sorry," Tyson stutters.

Holly turned a questioning brow to Beck who said, "I was just showing Tyson how to polish a weapon."

"It doesn't really need polishing." She couldn't believe she said that just now. No, her weapons deserve the utmost care and a bit of polishing couldn't hurt but... "Really it's fine, I wouldn't want to take up much fo your time."

"It's no problem," Beck said, not seeming to get the hint. "Your armour's on the table by the way in that crate."

Holly approached the box with Hephaestus' symbol stamped on the side, after a quick look over her shoulder to make sure her rapier was still in one piece, she peered inside to find her gleaming headpiece and chest plate.