33 - 𝕳𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕻𝖘𝖞𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍

Okay, so maybe, Holly was overdoing it. It's not like she's doing It intentionally, but she's the kind of girl who loves when things go her way. It's a gift from her beloved mother, how could she refuse opportunities when presented to her on a golden platter.

As promised, Harry and Ron picked her up from the dungeons at exactly midnight. No one was the wiser as the three scurry off towards the Forbidden Forest, hidden under Harry's cloak of invisibility.

They passed by Hagrid's Hut and picked up the hound, Fang while leaving Harry's cloak which Holly thought was unwise of him. But she realized it's a running theme with the Boy who lived, making unwise decisions.

Then they ventured into the Forbidden Forest with only their wands lighting their way as they followed the steady trickle of spiders along the path, it was deadly quiet and Holly's whole body just itched for some action.

"How many of these are there?" She asked, careful not to step on the spiders. "There's millions of them."

Ron whimpered, Harry glared at Holly. "Can we please not talk about the spiders?"

They stop at where the spiders left the path, the trees were dense in this part of the forest and no moonlight shone through the branches so the only thing supplying them light was their wands.

"What'd you reckon?" Harry said to Ron, stepping closer to his best friend so as to not lose him in the darkness.

"We've come this far," Ron said and when they turned to Holly, she was already trudging forward into the darkness with Fang by her side. "Someone has got to put a leash on that girl."

They walked for what seemed like at least half an hour until the ground was sloping downwards, and the trees were merging into one another. And then, Fang gave a loud, echoing bark that made the three almost jump out of their skins.

"What?" Ron said loudly, looking around the pitch-dark and gripping Harry's elbow very hard.

"Something's moving over there," Holly pointed her wand light towards that direction. "Listen, it sounds heavy and large."

Some distance to their right, the big creature was snapping branches as It carved a path through the trees. The darkness seemed to be pressing on their eyeball as they stood still, terrified and waiting.

Holly took a deep breath, a hand inched closer to her hand-held mirror inside the pocket of her robe. Her sword was useless here, as it doesn't actually work on anything other than monsters and demigods. There was a strange rumbling noise, and then complete silence.

"What d'you think it's doing?" Harry asked.

"Probably getting ready to pounce," Ron said with a slight quiver in his voice.

"Shush!" Holly backed up to the boys, not lowering her wand. If they got caught in total darkness, she was dead.

Neither of the three dared to move.

"D'you think it's gone?" Harry whispered.

"Dunno-"

A sudden blaze of light, so bright in the darkness that the three had to fling up their arms to shield their eyes. Fang yelped and tried to run, but got lodged in a tangle of thorns and yelped even louder in pain.

As Holly rushed to free Fang, Ron was able to take a look at the thing illuminating them. "Harry! Harry it's our car!"

"What?"

The two blundered up the hill, stumbling and tripping until they emerged into a clearing. Once Holly had freed Fang with only a couple cuts, they ran after the two to find a battered remains of what Ron called a car. The roof was dented and it was covered in mud, scratched and torn but it was still in one piece.