38 - 𝕿𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝕽𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘

Holly figured it out, after sitting in darkness for hours she finally figured out how they can get the quest with their dignities intact.

Clarisse wants the glory, Percy wants to save his friend, and Holly wants to save hers. The three of them could go on the quest together, but they would need Annabeth. Gods know they wouldn't last a day without her, but the quest could only have three campers. So technically, if they use Percy as a compass of sorts, he wouldn't be the one to complete the quest of retrieving the Fleece, that would be the girls' job. They'd get the Fleece and get Grover and out before the sun rises and the Cyclops was non the wiser that his bridge was just stolen.

Percy and Clarisse wouldn't even have to talk that much, it could work. And besides, Holly was...neutral with Clarisse, she was one of the people who had contributed the most to protecting camp although she doubts her friends would be able to see her past her father Ares who had tried to kill them just a year ago. But if they wanted to save their friends, they'd have to suck up to Clarisse just a tiny bit.

She was a girl on a mission as Holly snuck out of the cabin the middle of the night, way past curfew. Like at Hogwarts, the guards patrolling the camp were deadly but instead of trolls, they were flesh-eating harpies.

If she gets caught...

Holly sprinted a few doors down until she reached Cabin Six, Holly peered at the window above Annabeth's bed and could see a small lamp light was turned on in the corner. But when she peered into the bed, it was empty. Sheets were still a mess, as if someone had hurriedly taken off.

The girl tried to scramble her mind of the places Annabeth could've gone, but she came up short. Chiron was gone, she wasn't on patrols, and she definitely wouldn't be found anywhere near the Big House when it's just Mr. D and Tantalus there.

Then Holly crossed the lawn to Cabin Three, the curtains were pulled close in the cabin but the tiny fisher's shack was bright with the sea glass glinting off the moonlight.

Holly knocked twice and whispered, "Percy? I know it's late-" the door swung open.

She peered inside, water was sloshing against the fountain which filled in the silence and emptiness because no one was inside. Not even Tyson.

Now Annabeth being gone was weird especially past curfew, but Percy and Tyson too but she was beginning to see a pattern...

Thalia.

Annabeth.

Percy.

Tyson, okay this one didn't make sense but it could be because Tyson is also a son of Poseidon and Percy's brother but-

Lacking better judgement, Holly rushed to the Big House. The porch light was turned on and Holly peered through the window to find Mr. D and Tantalus sitting under the kitchen light while their Camp Director had his feet propped up on the table drinking a can of diet coke.

Holly knocked hurriedly, their heads whipping towards the door before Holly stepped inside meekly.

"Sir? Sorry to bother you-"

Chair leg scraped against the floor as Tantalus shot to his feet, the look in his eyes made Holly take a step back. He was seething as he said, "Holly Black, I guess your friends have forgotten about you." He pointed an accusing finger at her. "The next time you see them, tell your friends to never show their face at my camp ever again!"

"My camp." Mr. D corrected as he popped another can open, the soda fizzed before he took a swig. "Now leave Halley Bloom, the harpies are outside to escort you back to your cabin and to keep you there."