Dolores

Dolores was the one that ended up going home first. The townspeople had gotten very vocal and confused about the changing of the mural. The tipping point for Dolores had been when the village children had started crying and climbed onto Camilo when they couldn't find Mirabel anywhere.

So, Dolores ended up sneaking away saying that she was going to go check on Antonio and Casandra.

Which she was. She had half focused on them on the way back. But had zoned out as Antonio prattled on about his favorite toys to Cas.

Dolores when she got home and saw that they were no longer in the living room and focused again and her Antonio talking about how jaguars are the best cats. It sounded like they were talking from Casandra's room.

Dolores went deeper into the living room and paused, seeing a book on the ground. It must be the book she heard Cas reading earlier. She picked it up and read the title.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabirel García Márquez.

Dolores humped and flipped it open to glance at the book but one thing caught her eye. Because it was something that didn't make sense.

The publishing date. 1967.

Why didn't that make sense? Cause it was currently 1950.

Dolores stared at the book confused. Where did this come from? Cas had it so it was her's right? The young woman probably would have stared at it more confused if not for her hearing Antonio's little voice asking a question.

"Cas, why do you have a knife?"

The book was dropped as Dolores hightailed it up the stars and threw open the door to Cas' room and her eyes narrowed in immediately to where Antonio and Cas were sitting side by side with Cas holding a knife against a piece of wood.

The woman narrowed her eyes to see that there were several carved pieces of wood next to them. Dolores immediately sighed in relief realizing that the knife was for carving, Cas carved wood.

With that out of the way Dolores now looked around the room. It was a dark blue the same shade as the night sky, she realized it was because it was made to look like the night sky as glowing white dots decorated the ceiling. She glanced to the right to an incedention where Cas' large bed, wardrobe, and desk sat. They all looked very old looking, not like with age but the design was very old fashion looking. She saw on the left the wall was almost all decorated by clocks, of different styles: Sundials, hourglasses, analogues, and some she couldn't even name all stop at different times and dates.

Her eyes drifted to the bookshelves on the other side of the room directly across from the door before zeroing back in on Antonio and Cas sitting with their feet in a small spring with a waterfall.

"Hi, Dolores!" Antonio smiled and waved at his sister, "Look at what Cas made me!"

The excited boy held out a jaguar carving, "She said I could paint it whatever color I want!"

Dolores smiled softly at her brother, "That's so cool. I can't wait to see it."

This was actually surprising, Cas had made a big deal earlier about watching Antonio. Said she was busy in town in her Encanto and never watched the baby and earlier when she checked Cas had made no effort to interact with him so it was weird that the girl seemed to do a 180 all of a sudden when no one was around.

Antonio jumped up, Cas helping him put his shoes back on quickly, as he gathered the other wood carvings, Dolores noted they were all animals. He skipped past Dolores with a smile, "I'm going to get started!"