Casandra

4 days ago....

Casandra Madrigal was use to people climbing into her bed in the middle of the night and waking her up. It was usually one of three people: her baby brother Mateo who had a nightmare, her girlfriend Gabriela who wanted some alone time, or as it was tonight her best friend Mirabel.

Cas blinked a little as she felt the tears in her shoulder that told her all she needed to know about why Mirabel was here this time.

"What did they do this time?" was all Cas muttered as she wrapped the younger girl in a hug.

....

Cas knew that to most of the people in town is was probably weird. That Cas' best friend was actually the younger version of her grandmother, the Madrigal candleholder and matriarch Mirabel Madrigal. But the Madrigal family of 2011 itself had little problem with it.

Once they had gotten over that Cas could actually time travel with her room and powers and had befriended a young Mirabel, they decided to just accept it and let the friendship grow with Abuela Mirabel's rule of don't tell young Mira too much about the future as to let her grow naturally.

This is why when most of the future Madrigals had come down the stairs and saw a slightly down looking 15 year old Mira they didn't do much besides wishing her a good morning and kissing her cheek.

Eventually the family ending up leaving Cas and Mira at table with half eaten breakfast staring at each other. They would have stayed that way for a while too if not for Cas' girlfriend, Gabriela Rivera, hadn't skipped into the room and gave Cas a big kiss on the cheek and wrapped her arms around her shoulders placing her chin on Cas' shoulder.

Neither Cas or Mira reacted and Gabriela looked at the two, "I'll bite. What's going on?"

"I want to run away," Mirabel admitted, poking at the eggs on her plate.

"Again?" Gabriela muttered as she took the seat next to Cas, "This has to be the 3rd or 4th time you wanted to do this. You, well Abuela Mirabel, keep talking yourself out of it by reminding you it gets better or that you love your family too much."

Cas motioned to Gabriela in a 'see' way as if to prove her point.

"Come on! You guys are technically my family too!" Mirabel whined, "Plus! You've already proved me being here won't hurt the future! Your time travel works like that picture books Gaspar let me read! Dragonball?"

"You read Gaspar's manga?" Gabriela asked confused.

"Regardless, you can't just run away to here," Cas sighed trying to be responsible.

"But she doesn't want me there," Mirabel whispered softly looking

Cas and Gabriela shared a look, before Cas asked, "What do you?"

"Abuela...told me she wished she had a different granddaughter," Mirabel started to cry, "One with a gift....I just...No one in my family had ever said it....I just...."

Cas shot up and wrapped Mirabel in a hug, "Shhh, you know why you don't have a gift. It's okay."

Gabriela was silent as she looked at the two and an evil smile, full of spite appeared on her face.

"Then, we'll grant her wish."

.....

"You want to do what?" Marina asked in pure shock.

Honestly, all the others had the same look.

Gabriela had gathered her team for her plan.

Reyes the youngest son of Luisa and his husband David, Dolores' oldest granddaughter Marina and her younger sister Emelina, Dolores' 4th granddaughter Diana and the key to the plan, Cas herself.