Camilo

Camilo was all for snooping. The boy was just as nosey as his Mami and sister. So, when the family discussed who would investigate Casandra's room he was all for it.

So he waited outside Casita for about 15 minutes after his mother, brother, and "cousin" left before sneaking back inside. He headed straight for Cas' room. He smirked and went to open the door.

He was surprised when Casita tried to move him away from the door, "Casita? What are you doing?"

Casita obviously didn't answer but it tried a couple of more times to keep Camilo out but Camilo managed to jump over the moving floor boards and open the door. He rolled into the room leaving an upset Casita failing it's floor boards at him.

Camilo smirked victoriously as he looked around at the room and gave a whistle, "This is a cool room."

The boy popped his fingers and wiggled his shoulders, "It's time to get to work!"

.....

Camilo was so frustrated! There was nothing in this room!

The most the teenager had found that was interesting was a collection of books under the girls bed which were romance novels that would even make his mother blush. Though he was intrigued that over half of them were romance novels between women, he didn't even know people wrote such things.

He slid the books back under the bed and moved to get up but paused as under her desk, which he had already searched but found nothing but schoolwork, there was a piece of paper under there. He reached under there and grabbed it and pulled it out realizing it wasn't just paper but a photo. A confused look appeared on Camilo's face as he looked at the photo.

The photo had a slightly younger Cas in it smiling at the camera with a party hat on with a boy probably about ten and a blonde toddler between them. He flipped the photo over and read on the back in very messy handwriting, Mateo's 1st Madrigal Birthday.

"Huh," Camilo muttered as he studied the photo again. He didn't recognize either boy in the photo, and he knew all the kids in town. He was the town babysitter after all and what did it mean 1st Madrigal birthday?

He stood up and glanced at the desk, noticing the family photo on the desk. It was the same family photo Mirabel had in her room except that Cas had taken Mirabel's spot in it. He held up the photo he was holding to the picture frame and noticed it would have fit perfectly in it. Had this been changed out recently? He narrowed in on the photo one more time and noticed the green ruana that Cas was wearing in the photo.

Camilo put the picture of Cas and the boys in his pocket thinking deep in thought and turned to leave but paused as he looked over at the bookshelf on the other side of the room. That was an odd placement for a bookshelf. Why wasn't it closer to the desk? Camilo may act stupid sometimes but he wasn't. He was a teenager and so was Cas and teenagers can sometimes be lazy.

So, why was the bookshelf so far across the room and not near her desk? Having it near the desk made more sense. She had a couple of half finished history and literature papers in her desk which makes several references to books she clearly had so why wouldn't the bookshelf be closer for easier access to the books, hell looking at the area he could clearly see where the bookshelf should be in the space.

Camilo marched over to the bookshelf and blinked, noticing it wasn't flushed to the wall. He looked at the wall behind the bookshelf and whispered in a confusion, "Is that...a door?"

Before he could process what he saw, he felt himself get yanked back and next time he knew he was being tossed out of the room by a glaring glowing green eyed Casandra. She slammed her door shut behind them as she muttered to Casita, "Don't let anyone in but me."