Thirteen

When the trip for Bella and her friends came, Amanda sat in her room looking at cribs trying to figure which one is perfect. Jasper walked up behind her and kissed her head. "Can't find the one."

"Before the sun comes up, can we go to the store today to look for a crib for the baby?" She asked. "It gets us two out of this house and some alone time with each other. Talking about the baby's name and what the nursery should be like."

Jasper smiled as they gathered the things they needed for their day out. Esme saw them and smiled. "I will look to see what I can find and call you with ideas."

"Okay." She says hugging her mom. "We're doing this as a family, right?'

"Exactly."
~~~
At the store, Jasper had Amanda in his arms as they looked at the cribs. "Do you two need some help?"

"Yes." Amanda replies as Jasper held his breath. "I need some recommendations on cribs. We're expecting our first child and would like to have a crib that we both can agree on."

"Follow me."

Amanda grabbed Jasper's hand and looked to see him holding his breath. "Major, it's okay." She says as he gave her a look at the Major. "You are strong and I know this. I love you."

"I love you, but you're going to regret calling me Major."

"Regret? No. Love it. Definitely."

Jasper smiled as she dragged him through the store to find the woman who is going to help them. The lady smiled at them and started helping them. Jasper loved seeing how excited Amanda was about the cribs. The look on her face as she listened made him wished they knew she could have children sooner. "That one." She says looking at Jasper. "Is that the one, honey?"

Jasper looked as he was in a daze and smiled as he saw what she was talking about. He like the crib himself. "It's perfect." He says kissing her head.

"Are you two agreeing to this one."

"Yes." They said together. "That's the one."
~~~
By the time they got back, the others were hunting giving them time to theirselves. When Esme and Carlisle got back with Rosalie and Emmett, they heard laughing. "Jasper, that's not how it goes."

"Darlin', I can see the instructions."

Hearing Amanda laugh caused them to smile. "They're having fun."

"Let's join them."

Edward walked in and heard his sister making him smile. He wasn't going to focus on Bella because right now, he wanted time with his family. Something that he needs to put first instead of a human. "That is what I'll start doing. Put them first. Not her."