Chapter 26

Sabrina's POV

I was getting ready for first period when Rowan walked up to me. Oh right. Her locker is next to mine.

"Good morning!" Rowan said cheerfully, as if we didn't have that argument yesterday.

"Morning..." I mumbled as I rummaged through my locker.

She sighed, "Sabrina I know you're mad at me, but I have a reason, a good reason, as to why I'm hanging out with Zoey again,"

A good reason? This should be good.

"Class starts in a few minutes, speak." I said. Was that too mean?

"I can't tell you here. Can we meet up at 'the star' during lunch?"

The star was what we named out treehouse in the forest. Rowan and I used to be up there all the time, we haven't been up there in a while. We call it the star cause... I don't know. This must be important considering the last time we were there we were in 6th grade.

"Fine. But only 10 minutes, I didn't eat breakfast so I want to at least have some lunch," I replied.

"I will bring lunch for both of us, on me!"

I sighed. I was about to give her an answer when the bell rang.

"See you at lunchtime!" Rowan said.

"Can't wait..." I replied sarcastically. I walked to my class.

~ Lunch Time ~

Rowan's POV

This is it. I'm gonna tell Sabrina. I feel bad though.... Zoey wouldn't agree to this.

Sabrina texted me that she had already left so I should leave now.

"Hey Rowan!"

I turned around.

Zoey.

"Zoey!? What are you doing here? I thought you were starting school next week!"

"I know, I know. I shouldn't be going to school yet, but it's so boring at home. I had Peyton text me what time your lunch was so that we could hang out for a bit. Want to?"

Great.

"I am so sorry, Zoey. I really would like to but I already made plans with Sabrina. I'm going to meet her at the Cafe down the street. Maybe some other time."

"Mind if I... Tag along?"

"Uh Sabrina hasn't exactly... forgiven you yet...."

"Right. I forgot. I guess things just can't go back to the way they used to be. I miss Sabrina too, but If it means putting her in danger, I'd rather be the one to suffer..... but whatever.... I guess I'll see you after school. Bye, Rowan..."

Zoey walked away.

"If it means putting her in danger, I'd rather be the one to suffer...."

Maybe I am doing the wrong thing.