move (e)

"I'm here

"I'm here. I love you. I don't care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There's nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you." – Elizabeth Gilbert (I love this quote!💕)

————————————————————

Chapter 39
<—————————————>

Maggie

"Okay," I huffed, flicking my head at the active dog. "One more time, and that's it."

Fang gave me a look that screamed 'yeah, right.' He was right to have it; we'd been playing for so long, my legs were wobbly from the new activity.

I threw one of his toys that was barely hanging on for dear life, and without an ounce of exhaustion, he went to retrieve it. I chuckled as I watched him, taking the chance to glance back at the window, again.

Lookers could only see through the inside, not from the outside. It was helpful to know, but it looked quite freaky from the inside.

Luke had said he'd be out in a minute, though. It'd been several, but he was still inside. For what, I had no idea.

My gaze returned to Fang. He was such a good, sweet boy. I would miss him when I left, but hopefully, Luke wouldn't mind me visiting for him.

And, only him.

Maybe. I think.

My lips parted for a sigh. If I didn't get this, whatever feeling under control soon, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep my sanity at bay.

At least what was left of it.

I pulled at the ends of my hoodie, using my other hand to gently tug at the leash. "Let's go, honey." I paused before adding, "I'll give you some treats, too."

Fang's head popped up from the bush he'd been nesting in. A moment later, and he was practically dragging me along to the house. I chuckled at his enthusiasm, but followed along, anyway.

My fingers stroked at his head as I undid the leash, to which Fang treaded off toward my room, somewhere he'd started to sleep lately. I'd join him in a minute, but I needed to find Luke first.

Afterwards, I wanted to get started on my midterm paper for school. I'd been putting it off till now, but that was the beauty of online classes: I had all week to finish my assignments.

My eyes followed over the plain interior as I walked. There were a couple pieces of furniture that were neatly arranged around the space, but that was it. This didn't seem like much of a home for Luke, just a house.

If I was honest, though...I dreaded going home. I wasn't sure if Jax would still be around when I came home, or if it would be just as empty as Luke's.