everything (e)

Warning: chapter contains mature scenes!!!

"I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes." — Unknown
————————————————————

Chapter 49
<—————————————>

Maggie

The ride home was more than tense. It was easier with our friends in the car to cover the conversation, but the moment we dropped them off at their hotels, Luke and I went back to our silence.

I could feel Luke's stare, which had been settled on the side of my face for the past couple of minutes. When I didn't return it, he sighed, looking elsewhere.

The car slowed at the gates. As soon as we were in his driveway, I didn't hesitate in grabbing the car handle, and practically lurching myself out onto the concrete.

I heard Luke's door shut right after mine, then his footsteps. "Maggie."

I shook my head, glaring down at my phone as I tapped at the screen. The lock to the door clicked, and I was able to push inside.

Luke was right in front of me a second later, his face tight with concentration. "Maggie, we're gonna talk about this."

With my glare intact, I jerked around to face him. "Why didn't you ask me first?"

"I didn't think there was anything to ask."

I crossed my arms. "Why would you think that?"

"Because you never told me," he responded, propping himself against the back of the couch. "How was I supposed to know?"

"Again, you could have asked."

"Well, I didn't, and it's too late, and I'm sorry, okay?" He crossed his arms, studying over my face. "I didn't know—"

I shook my head, again, turning on my heel to get to my room. Luke stepped in front of me, again.

"Maggie," he said. "Listen, I—"

I glared past his shoulders. "Move."

"Not until we talk this shit out," he argued, nodding behind me to the kitchen island. "We sit, and we talk now, or we do it later. Either way, it's happening. You're not going to sleep mad at me."

My fists tightened under my arms as I thought it over. I only had a couple of seconds to respond, but with the way Luke was staring at me, it was impossible to think, rationally.