seat (e)

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." — Roy Croft
————————————————————

Chapter 66
<—————————————>

Maggie

"Maggie."

There was a voice in the near distance. It was so soft, but so loud, too.

Just as I went to discard of the idea, I heard it, again.

"Maggie," they repeated. "The ambulance is on it's way, okay?"

My eyes slowly parted to the pace of torture, but it was apparently too fast. The moment I barely even twitched, a pain of no other shot through my head.

"Fuck," I croaked out past a stiff throat.

It only worsened once I attempted to fully access my vision. The break of sunlight glaring directly into my eyes didn't help, either. Other than that, the first thing that I caught sight of was Raven basically grazing noses with me.

Her eyes widened the moment she saw mine peering back into hers.

"Kimberly!" she shouted over her shoulder. Slowly, my gaze followed hers. "She's awake."

Kimberly, who was on the phone, jerked around to face me, arm falling to her side. Her brows followed the other in worry before she was rushing back to us.

"Oh, thank god," she whispered, kneeling down to me. I didn't miss the way she winced. "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. I was the least of my worries when they were here. My eyes raked over the two, carefully.

Kimberly had a busted lip, and there was a streak of blood running from the middle of her side. Even through her shirt, I could see it came from a cut, probably from all of the glass. Everything else seemed fine, physically.

Raven had a split eyebrow, a gash on her cheek, and there was blood on her arm, which ran diagonally from a cut that was definitely from the glass. It didn't appear too deep, but the blood still marked both her skin and clothes from it.

My stomach churned, but I barely felt it. With the sharp, deep ache of my headache, I couldn't tell too much too quickly.

"What..." I pulled in a breath for support, raising my eyes back to them. "What happened?"

I glanced over our surroundings, but my mind was murky so I settled on the simple things, first.

We were near water, a lake, from what it appeared. Half way across the stretch of land, Raven's car was turned over on its side, with chunks of metal, blood, and glass shards scattered to the side of it. There were a group of people waiting and chattering on the other side of the land, who I guess helped pull the three of us out of the totaled vehicle.