Chapter Five

3rd PERSON POV

One thing that Einar randomly decided is that he was going to say fuck to cannon Vampire Knight. Don't get him wrong he's still nervous as fuck about having to deal with the plot but knowing that he had someone from his side made him relax a bit. So, instead of following the plot as if it was some gospel, he decided to stay with the plot with a few—or a lot—of tweaks.

One of those tweaks were going to be about how he wanted Yuki to know that he's well—Zero is a vampire. Whipping his sweaty palms away he knocked on Yuki's dorm room. "Yes?" answered Yori, opening the door so that she could see who was knocking. Once she saw who it was she smiled, "Zero, hey. What's up? Can I help you with anything?"

"Uh... can I ask where Yuki is?"

"She's taking a bath in the Sun dormitories bathroom. You can wait here for her if you want though," she said while opening the door wider so that Einar could come in. The room was clean and felt pretty cozy compared to Zero's room that felt cold and lifeless. They stayed there in silence as Einar used his flip phone and played some random game while waiting for Yuki to arrive. 

After some time, the door to the room finally open and out came a drenched looking rat that was Yuki Cross. He secretly took a picture of the rat and sent it to Aido which got him a laughing emoji in response.

"Oh, Zero you're here. Wait—ZERO?!" Yuki shouted in surprise.

"Hey, sorry for the bother but I just came here because I wanted to talk to you about something. is there a place where we can speak?" Einar looked at Yori, "In private?"

Yui nodded and got ready before opening the door for Einar to go through. "I'll be back!" she said towards her roommate before she closed the door.

They walked away from the Sun dormitories and stopped at a water fountain that no one ever went up to. "There's something you should know about me. Something I haven't told you for years..." Einar took a deep breath and took out the little box of blood-tablets that he knew Yuki had been wondering about. He gave it to her for her to inspect it and connect the dots, "This is..."

"Blood tablets," he finished for her. "Why would you have blood tablets for, Zero?"

"When I came here was because my parents were killed by a vampire," he heard Yuki gasp in shock, "The vampire that attacked my family is considered a Pureblood. Which means that they're the main leaders of the vampire hierarchy that vampires have. Purebloods are at the very top with A, B, C, D, and E classed vampires being below them. Purebloods are considered gods by the other vampires due to them living the longest and how powerful they are.

"I'm explaining this to you so that you can understand a bit about me and about the request I'll make, but please, let me explain," he said as he stopped Yuki from interrupting him with questions. "A Pureblood has the ability of transforming normal humans into vampires it makes the ex-human a level D vampire with the Pureblood's blood, but those that don't get the blood from those that transform them get turned into level E vampires. Which mean that they become mindless and bloodthirsty. Destroying everything in their paths to cure their thirst... The Pureblood that attacked my family took away my twin brother and bit me," he said putting his hand where the tattoo was. Yuki followed his movements and looked at his tattoo as well.

"She didn't give me any of her blood which means that I was supposed to turn into a level E, but thanks to Kaien and my master. They were able to slow the process for the descending into level E."

"That's great—"

"But I don't think it's working now. In fact, it's getting weaker. I'm becoming a risk to those around me day by day and... I just want to ask you to do something for me."

"Zero, tell me! I'll do anything!"

"..."

"I need you to kill me if I'm ever to lose control and become a level E."

She stayed silent shocked at the request before she started to silently cry, "You can't—you can't just request that from people, Zero!"

Einar went up to her, and ignoring the feeling of being watched, he hugged her. Shocking anyone who was watching them. "I'm sorry... I know this is a lot to take in but... I don't want to hurt anyone." His voice cracked at the very end which made Yuki glance up to him, "Zero...?"

"Can you do that for me, Yuki?"

She stayed quiet at the request and opened her mouth.

"No."

"I'm sorry, I just can't get myself to kill you."

He smiled bitterly at that, "How about this. I can give you my blood—"

"No." "—but."

"No, please... let me remain with the last thing that makes me human."

They both stayed quiet and Yuki wept some more before pulling herself away from Einar's hug. "I'll—I'll find a way to help you! I'll find a cure! I'll save you so please, don't leave me alone!"

"I won't... I promise, so please don't cry for someone for me," he carefully wiped her tears away. "I just want to make sure I don't regret anything if I ever lose my mind."

"Can we... start over...?"

"Of course."

"My name is Yuki. Yuki Cross."

"I'm Zero. Zero Kiryuu."

A/N: Sorry for short chapter, I just thought that this was the best place to end the chapter in haha. Hope you enjoyed it ;)

P.s: the fanart on top is mine :p