Chapter Fifteen

Did he get emotionally attached to the only human/vampire being that would understand his situation?

Yes, yes, he did.

Einar just wishes that these two weeks of intense training would pass on faster.
___________________________
3rd Person POV

Training was something that he didn't know he would be good at, but it was a simple constant schedule. Einar was good with constant— actually he was great with it— which was why when he was one month in his training, he could do everything with his eyes closed.

Maybe that fact was what made the elder hunter's go harder on him on his last week since during their combat's they would hit him with everything that they got, it was fine since he was a vampire and healed soon enough that the bruises stopped hurting the next day, but still, what the fuck.

This was fine, he was fine, but maybe they should let him go on the internet and contact his favorite person in the world or he'll go mad. He was not allowed to have a phone on him at all during this whole training period. It was supposed to be quick, but orders have extended his stay which is why Einar is currently doing his best at everything to ensure that—even if he is being treated unfairly—he will be able to leave soon. That's literally his only motivation at the moment. It was so pathetic that it hurt.

A few days past and finally, finally Einar got to go back to the academy. He looked at the limo's window as he had his hand on his broken phone—one of the hunter's "accidentally" broke it—he was finally seeing his bestie after not seeing him or talking to him for about a month. Hopefully, Aido wouldn't get mad on him being gone for a long time than what he said he would be gone for.

"Stop at the center I need to buy some things before I arrive to the academy," Einar said to the man who was driving him, and the man nodded at him without saying anything else. At least one person from the association didn't hate his fucking guts for something he couldn't control.

The first thing that Einar did was buy a phone and a charger for it since he couldn't get the same model with the cash that he had on him. It was a simple cheap flip phone that reminded him of his first phone back home. He still remembered the time his older cousin taught him how to use it from her hand-me-down-phone.

He ignored the hurt he felt in his heart from not seeing his family.

Will he ever see them again?

"Hello sir, do you need any help?" an older feminine voice called out to him.

Einar turned around to see who that person was and noticed that he had walked to the not-a-store and was instead in some salon where it was obvious that the main targets of the shop were women based on the curious looks, he got from the women who were getting their hair done.

"Sorry I was just thinking of a haircut to get, do you have a magazine I can go through while I wait?"

The older woman was very professional and simply handed him a magazine and instructed him to sign his name so that they would know who would go next. He turned on his phone and flipped through the magazine as he waited for it to turn on.

Once the phone did it's iconic little 'turning on' sound he quickly accessed the free internet of the salon and went on ahead to google. Just like Aido had taught him to do, putting in his email and such he was able to see the phone glitch before suddenly a bunch of text messages appeared on his notification. He chuckled seeing how many of them were from his friend before he froze when he saw a name of his actual life.

His mom.

...

Einar looked at the tall and intimidating gates of Cross Academy and simply grabbed his suitcase before the limo immediately left. He went inside and reported first to the headmaster. "Zero-chan! I'm glad you're back, here let your father give you a hug!" Kaien said before he stopped when he saw the new hairstyle he did to his body.

"Oh, it looks..." a flash of sadness passed his eyes before it left as quickly as it came, "It looks nice!"

Einar dyed his hair black; he had every right to change the things from this body now that he was stuck here. This was his body now.

"I'm just here to report myself and to bring you this," he got out a light grey folder that he had personally gotten from a hunter before he left. "They told me to get this to you as soon as I got here, with that, I'll leave now." Kaien widened his eyes at the folder that was left on his desk and opened his mouth. "Zero—"

"Good day."

He left the office and immediately dialed Aido's phone.

"Hello?"

"Zero! You're back!" an excited Aido said before he noticed the awkward silence that seemed to come from Einar. "Can we talk? I need someone to talk to," his voice broke a bit which made the other quiet down.

"Did something happen? Where do we meet up?"

"The usual and well this is embarrassing but" he rambled trying to find the best way to bring this conversation up, "I think I died? Or at least I'm dead in our real world or think I'm missing because the frozen date jumped to some other day than the one, we last came to—"

His hands were shaking so bad that he ended the call early, he doesn't know when, but he just knew that he was fucked.

He was a dead boy walking.

A/N: Back with this chapter and I can't wait to leave this hell that is school. Vacations ended and now im stuck with annoying people with no bestie by my side because we broke up :(

Literally sad rn.