How Fast Something Can Get Taken Away

Jimmy's Perspective

One Week Later-

For the past week, Scott had been making excuses to not sit with them.

Studying at the library, cleaning up the classroom, and sitting with another friend were his favorites.

But hopefully, today, Scott would sit with them.

Jimmy sat down at his lunch table in silence.
"So... is Scott sitting with us?" Grian asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Jimmy looked around and saw Scott walking with Lizzie and Joel.

Shit, shit, shit.

Jimmy took a deep breath, waiting for Scott to sit next to him.

But as he looked up again, Lizzie and Joel sat down, frowning at Scott who took a seat by himself at a separate table.

"Sorry Jim." Joel apologized, "We tried to get Scott over here, but he said he promised someone else he would sit with them."

Jimmy looked over at where Scott was sitting and saw that a new guy was sitting next to him.

"Who's that?!" Jimmy exclaimed.

Everyone at their table turned to look at Scott.

"Oh, that's Tom. He's in my science class." Joel said.

Jimmy stared at Tom and Scott.

Tom had black fluffy hair, glasses, and a black hoodie on that had the Hamilton album cover on it.

Scott then laughed at something Tom said.

Jimmy's fists clenched, his nails digging into his palms.

Let's face it, he was jealous.

As anyone would be.

It felt like his heart was getting stabbed with millions of knives.

"What's he like?" Jimmy asked, his voice shaking a bit.

"Haven't talked to him. He sits next to someone else." Joel shrugged.

Jimmy sighed and stared down at his food.

He had lost his appetite.

"Well... have you guys heard about the dance that's coming up?" Lizzie asked slowly.

"When?" Grian asked.

"Two weeks." Lizzie said, checking a poster that was in the cafeteria.

Fuck how am I supposed to ask Scott?!!! What if he hates me, what if he goes with Tom, what if-

Jimmy looked up at Lizzie and by her look, she could tell that he was doing more 'What if's'.

She death glared him, and he smiled sheepishly, stopping his thoughts.

"So Jim, are you gonna ask Scott?" Joel asked.

Jimmy glanced at Scott and Tom.

"He's probably going with Tom." He sighed.

The words made him accept the truth.
Scott had moved on.

"Grian, are you going to ask Scar?" Jimmy asked, changing the subject.

Grian turned red.

Jimmy broke out in laughter, though his heart still ached.

Grian looked over at Scar, "I mean, he's probably going with someone else."