chapter six

school grounds,

   In the following morning, I attended school to find all the police cars that remained on school grounds in case something were to happen. All this commotion even after Billy got thrown in jail for the night. He may be out now— but you just allowed the killer to walk free knowing there's a chance it'll happen again.

Approaching my locker, Tatum stood by with Stu and Sidney who looked disturbed and terrified while a man in a Ghostface costume ran around the halls to intimidate and scare her. It was working since she flinched when he got closer to her face and yelled to mock her. I was getting second hand embarrassment, so I stepped in to help for once. "Excuse me, Mr. Ghostface. Turn around."

   He slowly turned to face me, looking down on me with his mask stuck on. I smirked before kicking him in the balls, dropping him on his knees. Everyone stared at the interaction with different appeals. Billy was at the end of the corner, staring with a smirk plastered on his face in amusement while Stu came around with a smile. The rest of the school, with mixed feelings of horror and embarrassment. "Leave her the fuck alone." I removed his mask.

He angrily stood tall above me, groaning in pain. The anger was clearly laced in his eyes but it didn't intimidate me. High ego men like him never do, they're balls are smaller than they care to show. What will he do now, hit a woman?

—"Watch it, big guy." Stu stood beside me now, grabbing the man's attention before he could do anything he'd regret once in trouble. Once he looked back towards me, that's when his face dropped.

"Move, jackass." Billy demanded, staring down the boy the same way me and Stu were doing. He hurried as quickly as he could away in fear, allowing the laughter of each student embarrass him.

—"Isn't he smart?" Stu sarcastically joked.

"God, I hate men." I scoffed in disgust, feeling the stare of Billy down my neck.

"Why are they doing this?" Sidney softly asked to question the behaviour of most students that are picking fun at the current investigation.

  "Are you kidding, Sidney? Look at this place. It's literally the fucking holidays." My glare on her remained still.

"It's like Christmas." Stu threw an arm around my shoulder in a little headlock that tightened jokingly the more I eased into him. Billy's stare didn't seem approving but strongly glared into me.

  Sidney just began crying out of her frustration and ran off while we laughed. Billy just shook his head and followed after her like the pretty little boyfriend he pulls on an act to be. "Gross." I mumble quietly enough so only Stu can hear. In which he did, and shared a laugh.

—"I feel bad for her sometimes." Tatum shut her locker door, pausing me and Stu from our source of entertainment. "Do you think Billy actually did it?"

"—No." Stu stared at me before answering. He knew where I stood, but it's not an answer I'm willing to give to Tatum or Sidney. His secrets were kept a secret for a reason, and if I'm correct then I'll keep it that way for as long as keeps up with it.

—Class got cut early after our intense and awkward conversation. Why? Because a Ghostface once again scared Sidney out of the bathroom she was crying in. It was most likely another attempt to kill her, but the girl was more than shaken up now seeing as not even school is protected for her like Dewey had promised.

  "If you pee, I pee. Is that clear?" Tatum told the frightened girl as they paced outside of school towards where I was standing with my cigarette. I was impatiently waiting for the group to pile in now that school ended.

"Cizzool cuz scizzool is izzout. I don't know what you did, Sidney, but on behalf of the entire student body, we all say 'Thank you!" Stu ran over with flowers in his hand, handing each one to each of us girls, pinching my cheek before kissing Tatum on the cheek.

"Drop it, Stu." Tatum smacked him lightly.

"I say, impromptu party tonight, my house. What do you say?" He said, throwing her on his shoulder.

"Are you serious?" Sidney scoffed and gave Stu the most disgusted stare.

  "Oh cmon, you're such a fucking buzzkill. This is the perfect opportunity to get your mind off of all the bullshit you're dealing with, and now you're turning it down and rather stay alone where you're more at risk?" My cigarette blew into her face as it dropped. Stu smirked with Tatum over his shoulder, knowing exactly what I was doing. Sidney shook her head and faked a smile.

"Fine— I'll go." She forced out.

—"I'll protect you guys, I'm so buff." Stu put her down to flaunt his non-existent thick muscles. I laughed at his joke, watching as Tatum and Sidney created a plan to grab food before the party.

"Catch you later?" I turned to the boy who remained next to me. His face furrowed in confusion.

"Are you not coming to the video store to help pick out a movie? You always do." He leaned on the tree that I was smoking against.

—"I have something to do. I'll be there later, don't worry." Patting his shoulder, he threw me in a headlock in one swift motion as he always does. Something I got comfortable with seeing him repeat it so often. "You're so original." I playfully roll my eyes.

"—See ya later, Lizzy." He patted my head and walked off with no hesitation.