chapter eight

in the video store

Most teens visit the Video Store after school hours specifically on weekends for their parties and late night get togethers. The entire school now, had made their way here to fill in the free time now that there was nothing else to do. When I entered, Stu and Billy had been in what seemed to be a heated conversation with Randy. They were holding the boy by his collar, keeping him in the middle of them so they wouldn't get out of his sight.

"Maybe your movie-freaked mind lost its reality button. You ever think of that?" Billy firmly spoke as he tightly held his collar. Stu locked eyes with me from behind Randy's neck and smiled.

—"You're absolutely right. I'm the first to admit it. If this were a scary movie, I'd be the prime suspect." Randy rambled as quickly as he could, panic laced within his voice and eye contact kept with Billy.

"That's right. And what would be your motive?" Randy slightly stared at the boy behind him who asked the question.

"It's the millennium. Motives are incidental." Randy answered. His answer went through my mind as I comprehended it.

—"Millennium. Hmm." Billy thought on it. "Good kid." He pinched his nose like a little baby, mocking the frightened boy who they wouldn't let go of.

"Elizabeth! Please, get them off of me." Randy spotted me with an amused face, letting a shakey breath of relief.

"—You're doing this all wrong, for a killer I didn't expect you to be so amateur to kill right here in front of all these people... save him for the party, Billy." I approached the boys slowly, eyeing them up and down to get a sense of their current states. Billy's face wasn't even impressed with my statement but was rather, surprised.

"What?! No—No, none of you are the killers?" Randy pushed off of the boys, pointing between the two.

"Bold of you to assume it's not me." I firmly state.

Randy's face dropped as Stu's rose to a state of excitement. "But— no."

"See ya later, boys!" I winked at them before walking off and out of the store. Leaving them helplessly confused.

—"Elizabeth!" I heard Billy call out, feeling his presence slowly approach me with Stu close behind now that they both stopped me in the parking lot. "You know." Billy stated.

—"I know many things, Loomis." I pulled out a cigarette and lit it up to breathe in before the confession I was going to hear. Everything made sense to me now after the countless days I've been putting things together.

The phone call I received came from someone who knew how to get on top of my roof, only Billy ever used the hidden window entrance. Stu wanted Casey dead after their breakup, and had Billy help as one best friend would. The only reason they're targeting Sidney is because of her connection to her mother after Billy murdered her for interfering with his parents relationship in an affair. Not to mention Sidney having close relation to Lucas, and ruining his life. Different types of motive, but all full of hate. The boys in front of me looked guiltier than Ted Bundy the next he got caught for his crimes.

"You're not gonna snitch, right?" Stu leaned over Billy's shoulder to whisper closely.

"Why'd I snitch on you two? It's not my business." I shrug and smirk at the two surprised boys.

—"You're insane." Billy chuckled lowly.

"And you're one to talk." I smoke my cigarette in his face before walking away from the two boys. The truth is out, and I have no reason to expose it.

Secrets are meant to be kept secret.

a third person point of view

"You know she knew it was you the night you got arrested?" Stu turned to the boy that assisted in murdering Casey Becker.

"Elizabeth's always smart. It was about time she got the idea." Billy responded, running his hand through his hair freely.

—"Guys! Guys, Ryder and Marcus were found dead in the boys change room! The cops are raising the school right now, even the Principals dead!" Randy came running outside in a hurry with news that even shocked Billy and Stu.

"That's crazy, dude." Stu faked a surprised reaction to keep the intensity at tact before Randy's boss forced him back to work for the ending hours of his shift.

—"When did you kill them?" Stu turned to Billy who had been murdering the Principal at the time.

"I didn't. When did you come into school?" Billy faced the boy with a confused expression.

"I was distracting your, girlfriend and making my way home. I wasn't even inside at that time." Stu defended himself, and that's when both boys came to a realization they would've never expected.

A far stretch but one that is unbelievable.