chapter twelve

the kitchen

"It was you— on the phone. You were talking about your brother, that's why you're doing this to me." She stuttered through her sentence trying to piece things together to find my motive.

—"Bold of you to assume I wouldn't kill you just to kill you." I held my knife towards her neck to push away the hair that landed on her shoulders and watched as her chest rose rapidly to match her heartbeat. "From what I know, you killed my brother, Sidney. Well, that and Ryder Kennedy." I pulled the knife out from inside my boot that was covered in the boys blood from todays attack.

"You—You had sex with him!" Sidney tried to reason.

Stu laughed to her comment, "And you think I had sympathy for the guy? I was only fucking him to get closer to him. The perfect murder was in place, and I got rid of both boys who helped you, kill Lucas." I put the knife towards her chest as I laughed, leaving no room in between the two. One little push and it would go into her heart and end this entire thing. "It was about time they died." I chuckled out.

—"I-I didn't mean to leave him, I swear." She cried softly, whispering her words. I could see right through her lies knowing she had every intent to walk out on my brother. The moment she was given an opportunity to fuck some other guy, she took it knowing my brother wouldn't give her that chance.

   —"Framing you for this entire thing as a murder-suicide would be the perfect ending. It was already easy for Billy to frame Cotten Weary for killing your poor mommy, so how easy would it be for me to frame you?"

"Watch a few movies, take a few notes. It was fun!" Stu laughed over my shoulder after confessing to the truth behind their murder a year ago. One that they had no idea I even knew about. —Putting two and two together now, I knew it was them.

—"Why'd you kill my mother?" She cried to Billy.

"Why?" He asked as he stepped closer, "Why!" He yelled in her face. "You hear that, I think she wants a motive." Billy turned to us getting laughter to erupt. "See, it's a lot scarier when there's no motive, Sid." Billy answered truthfully.

"—Is my motive not enough for you?" I smoked my joint in her face watching in amusement as the signs of defeat showed clearly in her body language and face. Her misery gave me more passion to continue on with this entire plan.

Sidney stared blankly at me like what I said was in a different language and she couldn't comprehend. Lucas died knowing only a few people cared about him. What kind of way to die is that? The one girl he loved threw him away, the best friends he had threw him away, his reputation was thrown away, mental health thrown away. There was only so much I could do as his sister. His twin sister to be exact.

His pain reflected onto me in anger. I had no choice but to angrily handle the situation. Lucas started off as the happiest kid alive and ended off the most miserable person in Woodsboro.

—"Lucas didn't deserve it, Sidney." I spoke to the girl, dropping my voice lightly feeling the pain stinging in my chest. All I could think of is how I had to find him lifeless and unprotected.

"I, know." Her voice cracked. Contradicting to her behaviour last year. She never showed up at his funeral, nor send any condolences. The girl acted like Lucas's death never even occurred at that time. Even though it was before her mothers passing.

—"THEN WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU WHEN HE DIED!" I yelled at her, slightly slicing her arm in the process. "Huh? You weren't fucking there, Sidney. You never fucking showed him to even show you cared! See— you are the prime definition of how fucking insane a person can make someone. I'm like this, because of you!" I paced around the kitchen with the knife waving around me as I rant. Coming to the conclusion on how I became this insane.

"You're the real problem, Sidney." Stu added.

"Just pretend it's all a scary movie, Sid. How do you think it's gonna end?" Billy asked the girl, keeping in her enclosed and away from exiting.

—"You'll end up with Lucas in the end. Happily ever after." I turned to the girl. Blood splattered on my hands now that I touched the knife I used to murder Ryder and Marcus.

"Please." She whispered out.

—"Oh! Would you look at that. It's twelve. Congratulations, Sidney. You're going to die on your mothers death day, one year later." I smirked at the girl who remained still and crying in the corner.

"—So will Daddy Prescott." Stu dragged the now late father of Sidney's from the closet and threw him on the floor. Sidney let out an inaudible gasp that she threw her heart into as it dropped knowing her father was dead. Until the girl kicked Billy in the balls and smashed Stu in the face with a nearby book, before running into the roundabout that led towards the opposite hallway.