chapter five

third person

The aftermath at the police station lead Sidney to sleep over at Tatums home to remain safe. The girls were protected around Tatums police officer brother, Dewey, who swore to keep those girls safe as long as he's home. Their giggles were kept in tact as they recalled the moment Sidney punched Gale in the face for her book she is creating over the passing of Sidney's mother. "Sidney, the phones for you." Tatums mother entered the room, signaling for the girl to reach the phone.

"Surprise, Sidney." The voice spoke into the phone, dropping Sidney's heart. Her body shook with chills to the sound she expected not to hear now that Billy was jailed.

"Fuck, off!" She cried into the phone, alerting Tatum and her mother who came running behind the frightened girl.

"Now your boy-toy, is stuck in prison! You falsely accused the wrong person again, Sidney." The voice had referred to the moment Sidney falsely accused a man of murdering her mother last year. That was the whole reason Gale wanted to write a book about the situation, she knew Sidney was wrong.

"Who the fuck are you!" The girl cried some more.

"If you think hiding in Tatums house is what will keep you from dying, then you're one stupid bitch." The voice chuckled devilishly.

"Why are you doing this to me!" The girl shook as she replied to the conversation in fear. Ignoring the pleads from Tatum and her mother to hang up the phone.

"Revenge." The voice paused before firmly stating their motive and hanging up. Sidney's body filled with fear that she couldn't even express to Dewey once he made it towards the phone a little too late.

"Sidney, what happened!" Tatum followed the panicked girl into her bedroom to close the blinds.

Once Sidney made it towards it, she screamed in horror to what was outside the window. Tatum immediately ran towards it with her to see the sight of a Ghostface, identical to what attacked Sidney, standing in the middle of the street with a cellphone and knife in both hands. The girl covered her mouth to muffle her cries while Tatum ran to grab Dewey to view it himself.

Sidney continued to fear her life as her heartbeat intensified. Dewey pulled her aside to view the window, just to find the figure gone. No trace of the Ghostface even standing there. Making Sidney look insane for even imagining something outside her window. "I'm going insane." Sidney cried into Tatums arms once again, cuddled into their bed.

"You're not insane, it's this killer that is." Dewey replied, holding his gun tightly in case something was coming in the house.

-"It's not Billy." Sidney softly spoke, realizing it couldn't be him now that she got the phone call while the boy remained in jail.

—Later that night...

"Stu! Open up." Elizabeth banged on the boys door, hearing his running footsteps as he opened it quickly.

"What's wrong?" He breathed out anxiously while ruffling his hair.

"You don't know?" She asked the boy.

"Know—Know what?" He moved to the side, allowing the girl in.

—"Billy is in the station for the murder of Casey Becker. Sidney turned him in." Elizabeth faces the boy with a firm emotionless face.

Stu froze without showing an sign of worry. The thoughts in Elizabeth's mind were solely on why Stu was so calm knowing his best friend was just arrested for murder... "He didn't do it."

"—Hmm. It's debatable. I wouldn't put it past Billy. We all go a little mad sometimes, it'll be sooner or later that one of us crack." Elizabeth plopped herself on the boys couch comfortably as she began scrolling through his tv channels. Stu remained behind the couch not knowing how to process everything she was saying. It's not like Stu had a large secret himself—

"You're saying he did it?" Stu stood behind her, shivers running down his spine.

"Yes.— Yes, I am." The girl turned to the boy with an expression that seemed enjoyable. Stus face widened that his best friend can even confirm an accusation like the one she did against her own childhood friend.

—"I-I, no, there's no way." Stu denied while avoiding eye contact. Something that Elizabeth took notice of. She observed the boys body language as he fidgeted with his fingers and kept his eye contact minimal. 'Rookie' she thought to herself. If he was defending Billy knowing what he did, he's doing a horrible job of it that Elizabeth could've done better and will.

"Deal with it your way, Macher. I'll see you tomorrow" Elizabeth left his house knowing the boy was lost in his own thoughts and confused on how to handle this situation now knowing Elizabeth is on to something he has no control over. The one person who can handle it, is Billy.

But he's in jail for his crimes.
For now.