2. summer time [l]

"get off your butt and do something productive for once, lucas." my mom barged into my room, without knocking.

i ignored her as i continue to tune my guitar. she walked in and pulled the plug that connected my speakers.

i looked up to her, annoyed, "what do you want me to do then?" she crossed her arms, "anything but slum in your room the entire day."

i got up to put my guitar away and laid on my bed. "where should i go then?" i said while staring at the ceiling. she pulled out a leaflet from her back and shoved it into my face. "i signed you up to be lakewood summer camp's councillor. it's time for you to go out there and make some friends."

i immediately bounced off my bed, "WHAT." i half yelled. i grabbed the leaflet from her hands and flipped through it.

before i could even protest, she threw me a duffel bag and a suitcase. "i suggest you better start packing, since your flight is tonight." "TONIGHT?" i half yelled again, trying to keep my composure. "you're going, and that's final." she said with a stern tone. she left and shut the door behind her.

i stood in the centre of my room trying to process everything. i guess it isn't that bad, i didn't really have any plans for the summer anyway. it's not like i actually had anywhere to go. maybe this could be a fun little getaway for a month or so.