8. the nurses office [l]

our group entered the nurses room, which was empty because the nurse shouldn't be here until the campers actually come, which was in a day. the nurses room was empty, but it was oddly cozy. it was barely a cabin large, but it had all the necessary equipment: a few beds with curtains, a desk and a chair, as well as a couple of empty storage cabinets. 

"ms anderson told us to set up everything while we're in here." francis said as she draws open the curtains to the bed closest to the door. everyone began to check out the room as mila sat on one of the beds. "the supplies are in the storage room, but it's on the far end of the camp. we'll have to get them." kayley pointed out.

"there's a storage room in the camp? i didn't see it on the map." mila asked. "well, yeah, they don't want people going in there and messing the equipment up." kayley said. after a while, me, francis and kayley all set out to the storage room while mila waits in the office. 

it was barely a five minute walk across camp, and when we saw the storage room, we were surprised to see that it was a mere garden shed transformed. we unlocked the door with the keys to find out that it was surprisingly clean inside. i was gathering supplies when i heard francis and kayley giggling while leaving. 

"where are you two going?" i spun around, questioning them. "well mila is your cabin mate... so you should be taking care of her, right?" they answered with a smug look on their faces. as they skipped out of the shed while giggling, i let out a sigh. it was already getting late and i was too tired to even be angry. i just wanted this to be over with. 

i returned to the nurses room with bags of supplies, just to find out she had fallen asleep on the bed. i froze on the spot, glancing up to the clock. 11pm.

for a good five minutes, i stood there not knowing what to do. it was practically silent with just the two of us, with occasional laughter and chatter noises coming from outside. i finally snapped back into reality and closed the door. then, i started taking out the supplies from the bags and putting them away. 

i then took out the roll of bandages and a bottle of disinfecting alcohol. i rummaged through the bag to find cotton wipes as well. i placed the supplies on the table next to her bed and pulled one of those spinny chairs over. i sat down while making the least amount of noise possible. i started by disinfecting her cut on her chin and arm. 

the moment i dabbed the cotton soaked with disinfecting alcohol on her wound, she flinched a little. i immediately pulled my hand back, in fear of her waking up. thankfully, her eyes were still shut. i hurried with the rest of the disinfection and gently wrapped the bandages around her arm. then, i applied a bandaid on her chin carefully. 

after i finished everything, i slowly stood up from the chair awkwardly. it was just me and her in the room, and she didn't even know i was there. should i wake her up? no, that would be weird. however, she should return to our cabin instead of being here. 

i decided to call kai over to pick her up.