9. night one [m]

as i felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, my eyes snapped open. my head turned to the left, and it was kai. i sat up but he immediately supported my back. 

"you okay?" he asked while bending down. for a moment, he was so close to my face that i could feel it getting hotter and hotter. his long lashes and jet black hair can't help but makes my heart skip a beat. 

"yeah, i'm okay." i stood up while looking around the room. "i thought people from my group were supposed to be here." i asked confused. "oh, lucas told me-" he paused, "you know what, never mind." i looked at him puzzled. lucas was here? no way lucas put these on for me. it had to be kai. "thanks for uh, this." i pointed to the bandages. he looks confused for a second, but then registered what i meant, "oh yeah, no problem." 

he then took off his zip up jacket and gave it to me, "it's cold outside, let's get you back to your cabin." as i put on his jacket, my heart races faster than ever. 

he dropped me off in the front of my cabin. i slowly pushed open the door to see lucas asleep already. for some reason though, the light was still on.

did he leave it on for me?

his shirt was thrown to the floor and as my eyes looked up to his body, i realised he was sleeping with his top off. jesus christ. 

i practically threw myself into the bathroom and locked myself in there to recollect. god, he was sleeping shirtless? when he's sharing a room with someone? i gripped onto the sink firmly while staring at my reflection on the mirror. my eyes fell onto the jacket kai gave me. a smile formed on my face as i shamelessly tugged the collar closer to my nose to sniff it. it smelled exactly like him and his cologne, minty and fresh. 

as i was doing my skincare and washing up before bed, the bathroom lights started to flicker. i ignored it since we are in the middle of nowhere, the electricity is obviously going to be faulty.  not long, all the lights shut off completely. the bathroom becomes pitch dark and i dropped one of the glass cups the camp gave us and it shattered on the floor. i accidentally let out a scream as i bend down and try to pick them up. 

i reached for the glass pieces when i heard someone grip onto the bathroom door handle. the noise got louder and louder until the door got broken open since it was originally locked. it was lucas. he had broken open a lock with his bare hands. 

the lights came back on, and when i looked up to him, i could see the panic in his face. oh, and not to mention, his naked upper half and his stupid bed hair.

wait.

naked upper half. with abs. 

"i could've been taking a shit you know." i stood up to throw away a glass piece. 

"well, you weren't." he stood there at the doorframe. he then walked past me and started picking up the pieces, "you're just going to get yourself hurt again, clumsy bitch." i rolled my eyes at him and got up to leave the bathroom. "nice jacket." he told me before i left. "you jealous?" i laughed before i shut the door on him.