Girls, Gays & Theys night

Several hours had passed since Garcia and JJ had finally arrived. So far you'd talked work, work and more work whilst you'd all managed to polish off 6 bottles of wine between you.

You'd just finished laughing about how you should all start counting how many times Morgan calls Garcia 'babygirl' during a case when Emily slammed her empty wine glass back on the coffee table and held both her hands out like she was about to make an announcement.

'Right, that's enough. I love being back and hearing all your workplace gossip, but please, God, can we talk about something other than work?' She looked around at each of us, smiling.

'Yes please!' You begged, pleased someone else was thinking the same as you. At that, Emily turned her smile to you, lingering in eye contact.

Am I drunk or did she just look at me for a little too long?

'Right, love lives. Go!' Garcia ordered, pointing at JJ. JJ looked up from her wine glass at Garcia and scoffed.

'Uh... I don't know why you're looking at me.' She remarked.

'Oh... I don't know,' Garcia pulled an over-exaggerated confused face, 'maybeeee because you and smoldering hot policeman boyfriend have been on 3 dates now, and we all know what that means...' Garcia started smacking her hands against her knees 'drumroll please!'

JJ put her hand out to interject. 'Stop! Please, God! None of you want to know about my sex life!' You, Garcia and Emily took turns looking at each other with faces that suggested you each disagreed.

'Ummm... I think we do!' You laughed.

'Yeah, it's not like I'm getting any right now!' Emily scoffed. You glanced over at Emily subtly.

I always thought she'd have a reel of men to tell us about.

'Okay, fine! So... yeah we did it. It was great, let's move on.' JJ admitted.

You all cheered loudly, Emily nudging JJ's leg to congratulate her.

'Oh shit!' Emily gasped. She stood up quickly looking down. You followed her eyes to some red wine she'd split over her white blouse. 'Damn it!'

'I think someone needs to lay off the wine a little!' JJ joked. Emily shot her a disapproving look.

'Here, I have a cloth in the kitchen.' You offered, getting up and gesturing for her to follow you. You both made your way to the sink and you ran a cloth under some water and wrung it out before turning to hand it to her.

Emily put her glass on the side behind her and turned to grab the cloth from you when she suddenly reached out for the counter as her legs seemed to give way partially.

'Woah, easy there!' You said, instinctively reaching your arms out to catch her if she needed it.

'Wow, maybe I have had too much wine!' Emily joked, fluttering her eyes that indicated to you her head was spinning.

'Here,' you offered 'you just lean against there for now,' you lightly manoeuvred her waist against the counter, 'and let me sort this.' You reached for the bottom of her blouse, lifting it up slightly towards the cloth in your hand before stopping and looking up at Emily.

'If that's okay?' You asked, Emily nodding in return. The way she looked down on you helping her made you feel something. Something you probably shouldn't be feeling.

You started wiping away at her blouse gently, the red wine stubbornly continuing to stain. After about 30 seconds you looked up at Emily through your eyebrows, about to suggest getting her one of your tops when you noticed she was staring at you, biting her lip ever so slightly.

You stopped what you were doing and took a step back.

God, what is happening. I'm not sober enough for this.

'I don't think it's gonna come out. I can lend you a...' Emily suddenly stepped forward and grabbed your hand with the cloth in it. With the other hand, she removed the cloth from your grip and dropped it on the counter behind her, keeping her eyes fixed on yours the whole time.

She placed your hand on the side of her waist and inched even closer to you, looking down at you, switching her gaze from your eyes to your lips.

Oh my fucking god.

With her right hand, she lifted it to your chin and gently propped it up a little so that your faces were centimetres apart.

You traced your thumb over the side of her waist.

'Guys!' Penelope stumbled in, causing you and Emily to step apart from each other quickly. 'We were just saying we need to figure out a plan for sleeping arrangements tonight, before we all get so black out drunk we end up waking up on the pavement outside again.' Garcia was slurring her words and pointing in the air as she spoke.

Thank God she's too drunk to even try to comprehend what she just saw.

'Again?' Emily asked, raising an eyebrow at the two of you.

'Oh yeah... you've missed some pretttty crazy nights since you've been gone, Em.' Garcia stated. You just stood there between them both, trying your hardest not to look either of them in the eye.

'Well, come on then. What are you guys waiting for?' Garcia asked, her arms open at her sides.

'I'll um...' you started walking round Garcia 'get you one of my tops to change into Prentiss.' you stated, walking away.

'Prentiss?' Emily questioned, lifting her eyebrow at you. You carried on out the room and headed to find something for her from your wardrobe. You passed JJ on the way, with her hand holding her cheek as if she was about to nod off.

What the absolute fuck just happened?!