4 - Between shooting stands and Ferris wheel

When I woke up the next morning on Lina's double bed, I still felt a little dazed. Lina was completely out of order and wouldn't even have noticed if a vuvuzela had been blaring next to the bed. I got up and disappeared into the kitchen to make us coffee and prepare breakfast. With the beguiling smells, I then actually managed to resurrect Lina zombie-like. So we sat on her couch and ate in comfortable silence while watching a series.
So that I could change again at home, I said goodbye to Lina quite soon and drove together with all my stuff in my apartment to shower. The things from the last night ended up directly in the laundry basket, but for the rest I was too lazy to unpack it further. Instead, I was again with full zeal to put together my outfit for the afternoon. At the folk festival, we would surely stay until the evening ... right? I strongly hoped so! So I took a denim jacket with me to put over my black hoodie when it was fresh. I chose my jeans in a matching shade to the jacket, so that would complement each other nicely later. I also opted for a bar bag that I can hang over my torso. Fingernails....oh horror! In a rush, I removed the remnants of the old chipped nail polish and then repainted my nails an inconspicuous baby pink. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and accessorized my earlobes with hoop earrings. I also opted for mascara and chapstick, which tinged my lips slightly into reddish. Okay, that would work. A glance at the clock told me that I needed to be on my way soon if I wanted to arrive on time. At that moment, my cell phone clicked. It was a message ... from HIM.

JK: Hey, where exactly do we want to meet at the folk festival? I think the entrance is quite obscure...

I smiled and replied by return of post:

Me: There's a bus stop near the entrance. How about there?
JK: Got it. See you later.

My pulse quickened and I had to take a deep breath. Excitedly, I checked my reflection again and ran my hand through my braid. It'll be fine. Should I eat something else? No, better not. Besides, there would definitely be a bunch of snack stands at the festival just waiting to take the visitors' money. I chose comfortable sneakers, grabbed my cell phone, headphones for the ride, my house keys, and locked the apartment door behind me.

When I arrived by bus, Jungkook was already standing at the agreed meeting point, eyeing every passenger getting off. When he spotted me, he casually pushed himself off the pillar he had been leaning against. "Hi" He waved at me and I waved back. "Hey...have you been waiting long?" "No, maybe five minutes.... You look great by the way." he noted. I looked down at the floor sheepishly "Oh...thanks. You don't look so bad yourself, you know." He laughed heartily. Then he held out his hand to me invitingly and one eyebrow raised to match his mocking smile. "Shall we?"

We strolled through the crowd of people without really noticing anyone around us. We talked and talked. I felt my tension falling off me more and more and JK didn't seem as reserved as he had the night before. I felt comfortable around him. At a snack bar we each bought a curried sausage and a coke, and I insisted on inviting him, since the fair had been my idea. We rode a small roller coaster and stood in line for break dancing. As twilight fell, the distance between us decreased as we walked. Our hands brushed against each other now and then by chance, but neither of us had the courage to take the other's hand. Butterflies were dancing in my stomach now, and I felt myself drawn closer to him with each additional step. As we passed the chain carousel, I stopped and watched the passengers. JK also stopped and looked at me. "Do you want to?" He gestured to the carousel and I replied with a meaningful smile.

With tickets for the carousel, he came back to me and we got in line for the next round. When it was our turn, we headed for two gondolas hanging side by side and sat down inside. I turned to him excitedly. "Oh man, I haven't been on one of these in so long...last time was when I was a child!" He laughed in amusement at my childish glee and already our feet were leaving the ground. Every time, when the carousel was turning and we were driving towards the sunset, I enjoyed the view. It was a wonderful feeling - like flying, only in a plastic seat. I spread my arms and closed my eyes. That's when JK's hand and mine brushed for a moment. Our eyes met, we gently clasped our hands together, and subsequently did not let go with our gazes until the ride came to its end.