There's a Storm Coming

I know, I know, hardly anything has happened. According to me, no one has even READ the story yet. BUT, I don't care. I just wanna get more of the story out and onto Wattpad. It IS complete after all.
-Jooostan

The Fierce God Given Life
Chapter 8: There's a Storm Coming

The following day was pretty cloudy for Clock Town. Link sat on the edge of his bed, thinking.

All that wandered his mind was Gomess. More specifically, how he would defeat him. The creature was similar to a reaper. The last time he faced the living shadow, he was swiftly defeated. Link focused hard on what he could possibly to do outsmart, distract, or weaken him.

During the morning Link managed to empty his item back and sort through his belongings. He had all his normal things back in the bag, but his masks he set out on the table. Looking over at them, his mind only drew a blank card.

"Link!" Anju called. The boy rose off his bed and opened his door. Anju was at the end of the hall by the staircase. "I'm heading out to the Laundry Pool! Would you like anything cleaned?"

"I'm fine!" Link replied, and he shut his door.

Anju had done a stellar job on patching up his tunic. Now that Link wasn't out in Great Bay swinging, he was able to really appreciate Anju's work. Even though he had jumped and rolled in the sand yesterday numerous times, his tunic didn't have a grain stuck to it.

Bringing his thoughts back to his objective, he went to his bed and laid down, looking at the ceiling. He found himself doing this often when he needed to focus. He stared at the wood that was above him, tracing the circles with his eyes.

He thought he was getting somewhere, but Link could swear he felt like he was being watched. Getting up and walking to his window, he peered outside. Nothing. He watched the clouds for a second before laying back down on his bed. He did his best to stay on track, but he lost his train of thought.

Sitting up in frustration, he looked at the table. The masks still lay facing up.

The masks.

Then it hit him. The Song of Healing. The mystical melody that healed spirits. Looking at his Ocarina, Link was filled with excitement.

Link gathered his things and left his room, making sure to blow out the candle resting on his nightstand before he closed the door. He spoke with Tatl about his plans, and she tagged along without needing to be asked. Rushing down the stairs, he nearly ran into Anju, who was sitting on the edge of the desk, waiting.

"Weren't you going out to the Laundry Pool?" Link asked, looking at the basket of clothes Anju had sitting beside her.

"Can't." She replied. She turned her head to the window, the heavy clouds visible outside. "There's a storm on its way."

The word 'storm' made Link freeze. His mind began racing. Something important came to memory, something which dealt with another soul left in agony in Ikana Canyon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Iron Knuckle was slain. Hearing gears turn behind him, Link moved his head to face the source. The oddly formal curtain had risen, revealing what Link could only interpret as a massive gravestone.

Putting his sword back into his sheath, he went up the small stairs and stood before the stone. Noticing wording lining the bottom of the headstone, Link took a closer look. Before he could read what the lines had inscribed, a voice resonated within the chamber. It wasn't a booming, powerful voice, but one of a simple man.

"Are you the one who freed my soul?"

Link spun around, startled. After a moment, the source of the voice revealed itself. It was a spirit. He held a ghostly lantern in his right hand and a baton in his left.