The proposal of a Duel

(Short chapter sorry)

"You plan on sending a little girl into the deepest parts of the forest alone. " Trumpkin Repeated Peter's words with concern for his new friend. Peter decided that our best bet was to send Lucy Into the Woods to find Aslan. He finally realized that we can't win the war without him.

" It's our only chance" he replied " and she won't be alone" Susan spoke.

Trumpkin looked like he was in distress. Edmund walked up and stood behind me and observed what was going on. " haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin spoke, his face was crinkled.

I could tell he was talking about Nikabrik who we had to kill earlier. "Nikarink was our friend too, but he lost hope, I can see you by the spirit Lucy still has that she hasn't... and neither have you," I spoke the last part quietly nudging Edmund in the side to which he smiled.

"Then I'll go with you," he spoke looking at Trumpkin walking towards her by an inch. "No, we need you here," she spoke.

"We'll need to hold them off until they get back," Peter spoke, I heard Caspian Clear his voice from the corner of the room. "If I may ... Miraz may be a murderer but as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one particle that may buy us some time." He looked at me waiting for me to finish the sentence since we'd discussed the topic before.

I arched an eyebrow squinting "A duel?" Caspian sighed at the lack of confidence that was in my voice, this made some people laugh. "Yes, a duel, But someone will have to speak with Miraz."

"I'll go" Peter spoke once again with confidence in his voice but also with the tent of desperation.

"No, don't be stupid you're the hard King, you'll be the one that's expected to duel, you should stay here and get ready to fight." I said, which caused him to scoff, " okay then who do you have in mind." he asked.

" I guess I'll go, I'm good enough to fight so if they try to pull anything on me I'll be able to defend myself in time." I shrugged my shoulders, my skin turning pale at the thought of dying alone. " I'll go with you." Edmund Edmund said.

Now that the plan was discussed it was time to put it in motion. We all got dressed and went to sleep waiting for the next morning to arrive.

When it finally did, Edmund and I got dressed and started our walk toward our enemy's camp.

Once we reached the destination a group of soldiers came out and walked behind us leading us to Miraz and the council.

As we stood in front of them, I started questioning whether this would even work. Edmund gave me the scroll that Peter made and I unrolled it and started to speak. " I peter, by the gift of Aslan, by lecturer and conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel, and Emperor of the Lonely Islands; in order to prevent The Spill of blood do hereby challenge the king Miraz to single Combat on the field of battle."

I stopped to Catch My Breath and continued again " It shall be to the death and the reward shall be total surrender." I finished reading and rolled the scroll back up waiting for an answer.

Edmund moved closer to my side and that's when Miraz noticed that another king was in my presence.

"Tell me, Prince Edmund." He started but I cut him off. "King" I corrected him.

Miraz looked at me confused, his eyebrow arching " it's King Edmund, Edmunds King too is just that Peter's high king." I explained, Edmund chuckled and said, " I know it's confusing."

Miraz was irritated but continued to say " why would you risk such a proposal when our army will wipe you up by night?" Edmund and I looked at each other and then back to him " haven't you already underestimated our numbers? I mean only a week ago Narnians were extinct." Edmund stated.

" And so you will be again." Miraz stated, "Ehhh that's only if you accept the duel." I spoke, causing Miraz to look at me, " And you should have little to fear." Edmund chirped.

"This isn't a question about bravery" Miraz spoke up "So bravery, refusing to fight a swordsman half your age." I spat.

"I didn't say I refused." At this point we were starting to confuse the old man "If you have our support, your majesty, with whatever you decide." one of the advisors spoke, along with many other agreements.

" Sir, a military Advantage allows us to provide the perfect excuse to avoid..." he was cut off by Miraz standing up from his chair and pushing it back grabbing his sword " I'm not avoiding anything" he shouted grabbing onto the advisor.

Edmund and I looked at each other " Someone's Saucy today" I spoke which caused Edmund to smile "What was that you stupid girl" Miraz yelled now looking at me " dang it was nothing." I said with a frown and my skin going pale.

" You should hope your brother's sword is sharper than his pen." He spoke again, Edmund and I smiled and started to walk off. "Mission completed," I whispered, sticking my hand out for Edmund to slap.

ever since last night, I find we've grown someone closer.