Chapter three

Please tell me this is a joke...
"Yes auntie I know how responsible I am for this debt.." You groaned into the phone, leaning back into the chair at the table of the cozy little Cafe you were hiding in with your laptop.
It had been five days since levi proposed to you, and each day you ignored his emails.
It's for a good cause... but why me? You pouted and clenched the phone tighter.

You let out a laugh.

"Marriage?? We had one night together and you're already that inlove with me?" You teased at the unamused levi as Kenny Continued puffing on his cigar. The idea was just absolutely crazy, you met Levi officially once after all.

"I don't see how this is funny. I'm dead serious." Levi crossed his arms once again before turning and looking at Kenny. The way he was sitting meant he was serious.

"Why would I marry you? I'm sorry did you forget I JUST got out of an engagement? Oh, and the fact that we don't know eachother?" You crossed your arms as well, trying to match the intimidating aura levi was giving off. Kenny cleared his throat, and waved his hand around as if trying to clear some of the clear tension in the room.

"Right, well it's not like we're proposing a normal marriage of love y/n.. if you'll read the contract..." Kenny began as you glanced down at the papers in your hands.
The context of the papers was basically stating a legal marriage of convenience. And that it would be in effect for at least one year. Divorce would follow if one member of the party decides after the period of one year.

Dumbfounded, you looked up from the paperwork. It went on and on about the legality of everything, but you didn't care. After all this idea was still foreign to you.

"A marriage of convenience?" You asked, recieving a nod from levi.

"When we met at the bar, you told me about your increasing debt, and how you would never be able to pay it off." Levi began as you leaned back in the chair giving a sigh.

Debt. Does anyone else wanna say anything about that today?

"So what? Do you wanna blackmail me into marriage?" You hissed. Levi rubbed the bridge of his nose drawing out a long sigh before shaking his head.

"You need someone to pay your debt. And I need to marry someone in order to secure an investment. The investor is extrenely old fashioned and only gives his shares towards good hearted family men. He already wants to invest in ackerman, his only stipulation was that i marry." He finished as kenny put out his cigar on a stack of important looking papers that littered zekes desk. You felt like smiling after seeing how little he cared for zekes work.

"You need to be married? So why don't you just find someone you love?" You asked, sitting upright as he pushed off the corner of the desk where he was sitting and shook his head again.