Chapter ten

Levi's pov

Her face turned so red I thought she would burst into flames.

Did my words really have that much of an effect on her?
I remained kneeled I front of her, my hand gripping her ankle with just enough pressure to relieve her of the pain her feet were causing her. Why she chooses to wear these horrible things is beyond me. They only ever cause her pain, I remembered her constant complaining when she would wear them for pictures.

I hoped she would use my card to buy more comfortable stuff, but it seems I have to piss her off for her to want to spend my money on her own personal self. Her defiance is wildly attractive, thomas was a real dumb ass for letting her go so easy.

I looked up into her sparkling eyes, feeling my jaw tense out of instinct. I had to fight back the urge to take her, with that cute face she was making it was growing harder. I let go of her and stood straighter, dusting the imaginary dirt from my knees and looked her up and down. Her delicate hand covered her mouth as she swallowed, making the soft gulping sound as she did.

A natural reaction from her nervousness, but it drove me insane.
"Promise me you wont wear those at our wedding. You'll be doing alot of standing that day.." I requested, she perked up, lowering her hand from her delicious looking lips. I licked mine.

"Isn't it my choice what I wear?"

There it is. That's the y/n I knew, and heard so much about. She wasn't one to just give in, so it baffles me why she was with that prick for two years.

"It is. But I'm just looking out for your own personal health... you wouldn't want me to carry you down the isle do you?" I asked, leaning towards her, her breath was caught in her throat.

I felt like I was choking, I took a step back and clenched my teeth together as a smile spread across her lips.

"That would really sell the happy couple thing though, wouldn't it?"

"It would. But it would also be emberassing for the both of us, you only have a week to get used to the heels before you're stumbling down the isle." I teased before taking her hand and helping her down from the table. She winced as her feet touched the floor, but smiled through the obvious pain.

"Can you walk? Since you're here we might as well go over some important stuff for the wedding.." I began as she shuffled around with her feet, clinging to my arm for support.

"Yep. Gotta get used to these shoes.."

I rolled my eyes, leading her out of the room and I to the chaos that is my daily work life. Jean, the dumb ass that he is, was trying to clean his tie in the water fountain next to the conference room door. It looked like maybe he spilled his coffee on it.

"Hello sir, Hannah told me that the wedding planner called while you were in your meeting.. she has everything under control she just needs the guest list. " he reported as he scrubbed at his tie, before making eye contact with y/n.

"Sorry I didn't get to say much earlier, I was talking to our marketing department. It's nice to see you again y/n.." he smirked, my stomach twisted in knots as her cheeks dusted in pink and she smiled back at him.

"Yeah haha. It's good to see you again... I'm glad you seem to be doing well here." She enunciated every word, tightening her grip against my arm.
"Oh yeah I love it here. No asshole bosses to get me in trouble haha..." he looked at me before closing his lips and turning away.

"You two are busy right? Call me sometime y/n my number hasn't changed.."

"Ok! I will."

Her smile made me sick. I led her towards my office, relieved to see eren inside waiting for me.